Blackwidow Chroma Stealth US only?

Discussion in 'Keyboards' started by GnomeChild, May 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GnomeChild_no_id

    GnomeChild_no_id New Member

    I use UK keyboards and I want the Blackwidow Chroma Stealth but its only in US layout. Can i buy the US layout and change the imput to UK buttons or is it not supported? I dont mind having acouple buttons changed but still having the same imputs as im used to.
  2. Psyjin

    Psyjin Well-Known Member

    Hi GnomeChild, welcome to Insider! Indeed, what you mentioned is possible via the Razer Synapse software. You can manually change almost what every key does on the keyboard. However, I would not advise you to take this particular course of action. The problem is that the US and the UK layouts have keys of different shapes and sizes. For example, the lower 2 letter rows on the UK layout have more keys per row than the US style. This means that simply changing the input will not solve your problem because in some instances you wont even have a key to change. Check out the diagram below:

  3. GnomeChild_no_id

    GnomeChild_no_id New Member

    Will razer every release a UK layout for the Blackwidow Chroma Stealth?
  4. KappaSh0t

    KappaSh0t Member

    There is a slight minor difference between the US and UK layout and Razer would not release a UK version as majority of the world uses the US layout
  5. GnomeChild_no_id

    GnomeChild_no_id New Member

    So why do they make other keyboards US and UK.
  6. forevercrl

    forevercrl Active Member

    The demand of other keyboards might be higher, so that they might build more choices for it. Since the difference between Blackwidow Chroma and Blackwidow Ultimate just chroma effect, most of the people will go for Blackwidow Ultimate because the price of Blackwidow Chroma is quite expensive compare with Blackwidow Ultimate.
  7. kajira

    kajira Mother of Gaming

    One option that you might be able to consider is purchasing, from a third party, new key caps. It won't work if you're trying to change any of the "odd" sized keys, but so long as the keys are still the same size that need swapping, maybe just look into buying a UK key cap set and then replacing the ones you need?? It's not an issue I personally have, so I'm not sure if that would work or not.
    Kinetick likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sign In with Razer ID >

Don't have a Razer ID yet?
Get Razer ID >