razer blade stealth v2

Discussion in 'Systems' started by Ravishingpop, Jul 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravishingpop

    Ravishingpop Member

    do you think I should buy the razor blade stealth or should I wait for the next gen razer blade stealth?
  2. Katana_x_II7

    Katana_x_II7 Well-Known Member

    Its up to you...I wouldnt expect a new one until spring 2017 at the earliest probably, If you need a computer now just go for the current one. If you wanna wait for a bit faster processor and maybe some other better/faster features then you can wait.

    I thought about buying the new blade...but im holding off until they announce the next gen. I'm hoping the new one will have a 1070 :)
    Raijin likes this.
  3. TyMcLean

    TyMcLean Active Member

    He's talking about the Blade Stealth, not the Blade 14.

    That's all up to you. They'll most likely use a new Kaby Lake CPU as Intel is sending them out to OEMs right now. I have the RBS and it's amazing. Extreme portability, and it's faster than my previous laptops(one of which had a quad core).
    Storage will most likely be upgraded as well, seeing as how SSD's are getting cheaper every week.
    It all depends on if you want to wait, or if you need it now.
    Hope this helps.
    dyeLucky likes this.
  4. Katana_x_II7

    Katana_x_II7 Well-Known Member

    Yeah I know. I was just saying the reason for why I was waiting for the next iteration of blades...for hardware purposes. Thats the main reason if someone wants to wait for the next iteration of the stealth as well. My first paragraph was my response to OP, and my second paragraph was just what I'm waiting for and why, just to give him some ideas of why he might want to wait.
  5. Psyjin

    Psyjin Well-Known Member

    Wait. I know there's a $50 off deal on it right now, but if you don't already have one, I would definitely wait. Whenever a company or manufacturer is stressed to pump out inventory to meet demand, they sometimes cut corners. In addition, we are already halfway there - it's been half a year since CES 2016. Razer has received a lot of feedback on their first ultrabook so they will undoubtedly use it to improve the next iteration.

    Knowing Razer though, I don't think it would be called the Razer Blade Stealth V2. Probably "The New Razer Blade Stealth" :D
  6. Ravishingpop

    Ravishingpop Member

    i need one for school so ill probably buy it since its on sale
  7. Mindinversion

    Mindinversion Active Member

    You're probably better off buying now, next year's model will probably be a simple minor spec bump. In a laptop designed to be used with the core, you're probably not looking at any kind of huge performance increase anytime soon.
  8. TheGurgeMan7

    TheGurgeMan7 Well-Known Member

    There is a possibility that they could include a lower-mid range graphics card such as the 940 or 950. Its in the correct price range at least.
  9. Mindinversion

    Mindinversion Active Member

    No, there really isn't... There just isn't room inside the stealth chassis to accommodate the extra chip and cooling, and it would further decrease the already mediocre battery life of the stealth.

    And it would add enough to the cost of the unit that you could probably buy a Razer core for the difference in price. Considering the relatively poor performance of the GTX 940/950m, it just isn't worth even really considering.
  10. TheGurgeMan7

    TheGurgeMan7 Well-Known Member

    The xps 13 is just about as small as the rbs, and it has a 960m
    Battery life can be made better with a more power efficient chip, and with a better battery.

    The 940m does not cost much, laptops with it average 600-800 dollars

    And the 940m can run overwatch on medium at 50 + fps.
  11. Eason85_no_id

    Eason85_no_id Member

    Huh... no... no the XPS 13 doesn't. It has iGPU only.

    The only ultrabook with a gpu right now I think is the Asus UX303.
  12. Mindinversion

    Mindinversion Active Member

    yea, the 960m can only be had in the 15" according to Dell's website.

    You also have to remember Kaby lake will be the third 14nm "tock" rather than a new "tick" cycle. Maybe you'll see 5% battery life.
  13. SoongSteR

    SoongSteR Member

    It's just depend on you need or you want
  14. Candres97

    Candres97 New Member

    I would prefer to wait for a RAM increase and maybe a better processor (i doubt it). I also heard about a lot of quality issues so i hope all of it could get fixed by the next gen. Sorry for my bad english.
  15. Kildras

    Kildras New Member

    it has a good iGPU with iris graphics which makes it a better gaming machine than stealth
    I think the next will come with the kiby lake cpu and sometime early next year
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sign In with Razer ID >

Don't have a Razer ID yet?
Get Razer ID >