Dismiss Notice
Some Razer services have been impacted due to the unique circumstances COVID-19 has created. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding during this critical time.

Razer Core - $399 for Blade users/$499 standalone

Discussion in 'Systems' started by Min-Liang Tan, Mar 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxinfo

    maxinfo New Member

    I'm having quite a bit of flakyness from the thunderbolt port on the Blade. Jostling the cable a bit even though it's locked in causes issues. Sometimes plugging in the core doesn't yield any success where I have to push on the cable to get everything to power up. Once the core has powered up if the laptop didn't detect it I have to close the laptop and let it go to sleep then reopen it and it will pickup the core. A bit of a hassle to say the least but at least it's working. I may talk to support or the microsoft store if it doesn't improve about trying another Blade.

    I also have a Precision 5510 (XPS 15) and the Dell Thunderbolt dock. The Dell Thunderbolt dock does work on the Blade and does have a thunderbolt pass through for daisy-chaining. It did appear to work through the dock for a moment but the USB controller in the Dell dock is trash so it and it's drivers cause issues with like keyboard and mouse connectivity. Will be trying the Core on the Precision to see how it works soonish.
     
    NCHunter likes this.
  2. Derek712

    Derek712 Active Member

    I'm interested to hear if you can get the xps 15 to work better than I did. Mine displays on my monitors and runs games but they don't play well at all.

    It took a lot but I think I have the xps 15 working very reliably and using the gpu now. Getting 45-60 fps on fallout 4 1080p ultra.

    I'll update my article and benchmarks once I'm done testing.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2017
    Ahanix likes this.
  3. JETcoolCoolBlack681

    JETcoolCoolBlack681 Active Member

    Does it charge as well?
     
  4. Derek712

    Derek712 Active Member

    nope
     
  5. statton4

    statton4 Member

    it will charge the xps13,but i cant get it to switch to the gpu in the core.
    it knows its there but i cant get it use the gpu.....
     
  6. Derek712

    Derek712 Active Member

    Does your gpu show up in device manager?
     
  7. jaseow

    jaseow Active Member



    In-depth review of the core !
     
    NCHunter likes this.
  8. statton4

    statton4 Member

    yes, it does.
     
  9. Derek712

    Derek712 Active Member

    have you tried installing the desktop drivers with it connected? And then reboot with it connected as well.

    Also, have you made sure the thunderbolt firmware is up to date? I had that problem with the xps 15
     
  10. LetsDean

    LetsDean New Member

    How long will it take till they release in Europe? It takes so long and Pascal GPUs are on the way...
     
  11. articulo31

    articulo31 New Member

  12. statton4

    statton4 Member

    yes,sir . it shows a lack or resources for the external gpu to work .
     
  13. ArianaK

    ArianaK Member

    Razer has been, and still is, a pioneer when it comes to gaming hardwear, and other companies are having a hard time keeping up. So, yeah, in one or two years there will be a cheaper version of the Core, but is it worth the wait? In my opinion, definitely not, because Razer will probably already have something new, another must-have that'll blow away the whole market. Because it's Razer, and that means it's good, and that they're probably the first, again.
    I'll definitely be saving money to buy the Core, and I can't wait to expand my Razer collection with it.
     
  14. Derek712

    Derek712 Active Member

    Shot in the dark but have you tried disabling Intel graphics and seeing if it switched over? Our maybe installing the Intel graphics driver version that the razer blade stealth uses. Its a long shot
     
  15. JETcoolCoolBlack681

    JETcoolCoolBlack681 Active Member

    A 0.5m cable pretty much ruined the idea of the Core for me. Small thing but a big difference.
     
  16. SirThomasKrown

    SirThomasKrown Active Member

    That's what she said? Haha yeah I feel you on that, but look at the bright side- the cable can be replaced. Although they don't make any that will push 40gps, they will eventually improve. It's only a matter of time.
     
  17. JETcoolCoolBlack681

    JETcoolCoolBlack681 Active Member

    Wait for Core, wait for the cable - that's not for everyone, definitely.
     
    SirThomasKrown likes this.
  18. SirThomasKrown

    SirThomasKrown Active Member

    I agree. I'm tired of just waiting on the Core. My deadline for my "first dibs" on the next batch is the beginning of next week. If I don't recieve some sort of personal notification via email or on Razer Insider that it is available for me to purchase, then my Stealth will stay as an ultrabook and will be looking elsewhere. It's just been too long, and my hype for it is waning.
     
  19. Nirebas

    Nirebas New Member

    It gave me the same error on the xps15 until i installed the latest AMD driver from amd's website. it didnt work with the driver from Razer's website.
     
  20. Murakumo

    Murakumo Active Member

    Agreed--I thought I would have one by now. I think a lot of people bought the Stealth on the assumption they'd be able to pair it soon. Fortunately I have a desktop already and my stealth is MAINLY for writing, but post-core it will definitely outperform my desktop (which I built 2010 and have slowly upgraded), so it's not that I'm not looking forward to having it. For those who got the RBS with the assumption they'd be able to game well on it soon, I think it's been a bit of a let down (I can just imagine not being able to contribute to raid because of waiting months and months for an essential component of your new computer as a gaming system).

    Even had I gotten in on the first batch of core, fulfillment was pushed back so long that it wouldn't have been in by the time my parents came to visit at the start of May. Now I'm waiting, and more concerned that I will be able to make a trip home and pick it up soon, I'm mainly just concerned about getting in on the next order so that my coupon doesn't expire to be sure I can use it--to then pick my core up in August. I guess the only upshot is being able to wait and see if a 1080i does indeed get slated for a Sept. release. =P

    Razeeeerrrrrrrrr... just put it up so I can use my coupon already, and take my moneeyyyyyy (I seriously think giving you money is one of my super powers or something). Still can't pick it up back home until August, but it'd be a load off my chest to just get the order out of the way. =D
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sign In with Razer ID >


Don't have a Razer ID yet?
Get Razer ID >