Razer Core - Australia Release - Official Response??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hegdaddy, Aug 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hegdaddy

    Hegdaddy Active Member

    In short, when is this going to happen?

    Further, when is an official response to the AUD150 Razer Core Store Credit issue going to be released? For those of us who bought the Stealth (or in my case, the 'new' 2016 Blade which is now supposedly going to be superseded by a GTX 1060 model) and were issued this credit, we have less than 2 weeks before it expires.

    I have contacted Razer on both phone and email and I have followed the steps with regards to raising a support ticket to formalise the issue. On each occasion, the response is something to the tone of 'we hope to have the Core available for order by that date.'

    There are obviously issues here - If the US are on backorder until mid September, what hope does Australia have of seeing the Core released any time this year?

    A number of people are now in a position where they have recently purchased a soon-to-be- redundant 14" Blade due to the GTX 1060 update. The least Razer can do is advise when we will get the Core in Australia so we can then spend a further AUD1500 or so for the Core + GTX 1070 (on top of the AUD3300 we already spent on the Blade) to bring us in line with any refreshed GTX 1060 model Blade variant.
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  2. technokat

    technokat Director, Social Marketing Staff Member

    We don't have any news on the availability of the Razer Core in Australia and we will definitely let you know when it is available, and I apologize if it hasn't been emphasized yet.

    I've clarified this on our main Core/Stealth threads;
    We will ensure all eligible customers the ability to purchase and make use of the Razer Core credit in a reasonable manner. It would obviously not make sense even to us to issue a discount where there is absolutely no way for anyone to utilize it.
    ThirdDegreePun and Hegdaddy like this.
  3. Hegdaddy

    Hegdaddy Active Member

    The quick response is appreciated, even if the lack of news is! Cheers mate.
  4. ThirdDegreePun

    ThirdDegreePun Well-Known Member

    That's really good to know! I assumed that the credit would be honoured up until a period after the core was released so it could be utilised, but great to see the official response! I'm from AUS too so here's hoping there's not too much delay between the US and us...that said I haven't bought just yet so I've got to decide if I want to hold out for the 1060 or not.
  5. kylechun9

    kylechun9 New Member

    me in Taiwan
    bought the Stealth 2016-07-07 with a Core credit that ALREADY expired at 2016-08-12
    and no any news about when the Core will be available

    Razer didn't say anything about the status

    to me it seems just like a fraud, using a definitely-to-be-expired credit to induce your customer into buying the product in a earlier stage (Stealth, in my case)
    it seriously delays my schedule of hardware upgrade and put so much uncertainty on it.

    The Steath itself is great by now,
    but the company as a whole let me feel tons of disappointment

    not even an estimated deliverable date?
    how terrible one company can be to use such an immature product for branding
  6. Hegdaddy

    Hegdaddy Active Member

    Hey dude, is there any update on this yet?
  7. PrideHeart

    PrideHeart Active Member

    I'll ship you a Razer Core for $1000 USD ^_______^:wink_:
  8. Hegdaddy

    Hegdaddy Active Member

    @Razer|Technokat Hey dude, is there an update to this yet? We have been waiting almost half a year now.
    datsonr likes this.
  9. I'm keen too - starting to think about spending my cash on something else...
  10. Hegdaddy

    Hegdaddy Active Member

    If I could do it all again I would not have bought the Blade. Yes, it looks great, but it was false bloody advertising and I could of spent less money on a better solution elsewhere.

    disappointed - I have spent over 4500 AUD on Razer gear and will not be purchasing any future Razer Systems (I will continue to purchase their peripherals though).
  11. Hmm - I'm happy enough with my blade stealth. But I'm keen to transform my office - and I need the docking station and second screen capabilities that the Core will give me - so I'm a little frustrated.
  12. Hegdaddy

    Hegdaddy Active Member

    Don't get me wrong, the Blade is a great machine, but I bought it on the proviso that the Core would be out shortly after so I could stick a 1080 in it.
  13. Omen5_no_id

    Omen5_no_id New Member

    I am also waiting for the Razer Blade and also feel very mislead! In this <http://www.razerzone.com/press/deta...-razer-blade-updated-with-next-gen-graphics#> press release they state the Blade will be available WORLDWIDE in November 2016, I am hopeful that is the case but considering there has been no Australian release date I am not holding my breath. Correct me if I am wrong RAZER but last time I checked WORLDWIDE is more than the US/CANADA and 3 countries in Europe (UK, France and Germany)!!! I just want to get rid of my 6 year old MacBook Air, let me buy your product RAZER.
  14. kylechun9

    kylechun9 New Member

    Akitio Node is about to launch. Yes BOTH for the US and in my country Taiwan.
    I am considering buying the Node instead of the never-come-true Razer Core, which is sad as a Razer system owner.

    However the Node does not have enough PD (only with 5V/3A) to charge the Stealth, so this is the only point I am still hesitating.
    Even so, I am seriously considering buying the Node...
  15. Hegdaddy

    Hegdaddy Active Member

    I don't know much (anything) about it. If it is a viable solution though, I will buy it. I'm done waiting for the Core.


    Seriously, it's 2017 now. Can I get an official response/ update on this please.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2017
  16. ThirdDegreePun

    ThirdDegreePun Well-Known Member

    I'm still with you waiting on this haha. I need the graphics...
  17. Vaypron

    Vaypron Well-Known Member

    CES is this weekend, maybe we will see the Core v2. Who knows :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: And maybe it's like with the Stealth in Europe. We directly got the New Blade Stealth instead of the first one
    ThirdDegreePun likes this.
  18. ThirdDegreePun

    ThirdDegreePun Well-Known Member

    Heh, a new Core would be a very acceptable reason as to why they never bothered giving us the old one. Similar story happened with the Blade here, it was available for like 2 days then never came back until we got the new one...I mean I guess that one at least made it (even if it was a very limited 'made it' haha). Now to try and not get my hopes to high in case of disappointment :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  19. duri_sk

    duri_sk Member

    I think ,more probably, Razer just don't care about their customers.
    Which is obvious, both on this forum and on support.
    They will delete your post in 5 minutes, if its "support related", but they are not able to respond to thread for 4-5 months
  20. ThirdDegreePun

    ThirdDegreePun Well-Known Member

    I don't think that's the case at all. I mean communication is something which always can be improved upon, but I think Razer does care a lot, more so than many other companies when it comes to the customer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sign In with Razer ID >

Don't have a Razer ID yet?
Get Razer ID >