Razer Core In Australia

Discussion in 'Systems' started by Dat1Fish, Feb 4, 2017.

?

Do you want the Razer Core in Australia

  1. yes

    91.5%
  2. no

    8.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThirdDegreePun

    ThirdDegreePun Well-Known Member

    I feel you. I was so sure they were going to bring it out when the New Stealth came, but, they didn't...I really am curious as to what's taking it so long. My theory was that they haven't released it for the same reason we didn't get much stock of the Razer Blade GTX970, which was because they were waiting to bring the GTX1060 here...so perhaps the Core v2 is coming? Would be nice to know not to wait up though or hear something, but if that's the reason I guess that's why they can't say anything as they can't until it's announced?
     
  2. Ramrunner

    Ramrunner New Member

    The UX31A it was supposed to be replacing has never given me any issues in the last 4 years I've owned it so I know it IS possible to get a notebook that does not have issues. Although it does get hot now but Asus will overhaul the cooling for me for $55. Just want to wait until I have a working replacement before I bring it to Wangara to get fixed.

    If it only locked up once a week so be it, could PROBABLY live with it although I know it should not lock up at all. I leave my computer on pretty much 24/7 and let it go to sleep but it was definitely locking up between 1 and 4 times every day and taking any open documents and e-mails with it so very very annoying.

    It's in Singapore for assessment, AND they are apparently opening a brand new one up for me and testing it for lock ups before sending it as a replacement. So I guess they're trying but it was only after the usual canned response like you need to reset
    Windows, try running without anti-virus (yes-really!). I tried disabling Synapse, turning off power saving to USB (in case that was doing anything), different power sockets, even tried on one the back of a UPS. The only way to run it without lock up or blue screen was on battery, but that was not practical for me. As for updating BIOS, Razer actually do not supply them unfortunately, I checked. I'm actually a technician so any reasonable diagnosis has really been exhausted I usually see lock ups like this when there's an issue with the power feed which is possibly backed up by the battery theory.

    Like I said three months further and I'm losing patience. BUT I checked with PayPal and I have 180 days to raise a reversal dispute (And AmEx have no time limit) so if I get no joy and can always see if I can get my money back that way.

    But you've given me hope that these units CAN exist without issue and I've simply had a lemon. When it was repaired with a REFURBISHED mainboard it was also a lemon (probably came back due to same complaint and not tested properly before they shoved it into my notebook). So I feel more relieved I could possible maybe end up with an RBS that will work properly.

    Thanks for the response.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2017
    ThirdDegreePun likes this.
  3. ThirdDegreePun

    ThirdDegreePun Well-Known Member

    Ugh that's rough, I'm sorry you've had to go through all that. Unfortunately lemons do exist and you'll hear about pretty much ALL of them here, as this is where people tend to come when they get one. I get why support has to ask that stuff and get you to do it, but the problem is that those conversations which you already know are going to happen chew up a few days at minimum when you really just want a quick solution. I'm hoping that they'll introduce a webchat feature as was mentioned on the Support Feedback survey (which you can find here if you want to add your experience) to really speed things up, and let you get same-day results or significant progress on issues instead of it taking weeks, sometimes more, to resolve a problem.

    I'm glad they're sending you a new unit! And I really hope it works well for you and you don't have any of the power issues. Oh and on BIOS you can now get the BIOS update for the Razer Blade on the support site (you find it under systems then clicking your system and it's a link in the 'FAQ' section right up the top), they added it like 1-2 days ago which helps with coil whine issues etc. I got the Stealth BIOS update from the technicians and theoretically that should be making its way up to the support page for the system at some point too.
     
  4. vBrenth

    vBrenth New Member

    Same here in Philippines.
    Well I have a friend who lived in US purchased some Razer products for me and send it to me from time to time.
     
  5. Radical

    Radical New Member

    Yeah, I'm getting tired of waiting.
    Every now and then I check out the store for new tech but every time I immediately check if the core as come out yet and get annoyed that it hasn't. Probably would have spent a lot of cash by now if it had just released instead of holding out on us.
    Wouldn't be so bad if we had a decent release date.

    Right on man.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2017
    Cliche_au likes this.
  6. Even an INDECENT release date would be better than nothing...
     
    Cliche_au likes this.
  7. Cliche_au

    Cliche_au New Member

    Still waiting
     
  8. Dat1Fish

    Dat1Fish Active Member

    same, i'm still waiting for razer to release it, but also trying to bid or buy a second hand one on ebay or gumtree for around $650 aud, but i'm also not wanting to buy it on ebay or gumtree, because it might be like when I brought my RBS where the new RBS got released to Australia a few weeks after I brought the old one.

    Guys i'll bet you all that the razer core is going to be released in australia in like a few weeks.
    Because I just brought one from ebay for $675, if I still have my super Sh*tty luck, then the razer core is going to get released as soon as I get my second hand one. and lose like $175 because the new one would $600AUD....
    :slightly_sad:
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2017
    Cliche_au likes this.
  9. ThirdDegreePun

    ThirdDegreePun Well-Known Member

    oh you found one on eBay?? Is it from overseas or what? Also let us know what you think of it :)
     
    Cliche_au likes this.
  10. Cliche_au

    Cliche_au New Member

  11. Dat1Fish

    Dat1Fish Active Member

    Yeah it's from america.
    but like I said, chances are it's going to get released soon, because every time i buy something it goes cheaper after i buy it, or new versions of it comes out, or if it's a second hand one, the new one get released, because of my bad luck :slightly_sad:
    xD
     
  12. ThirdDegreePun

    ThirdDegreePun Well-Known Member

    Well bad luck for you would be good luck for us...maybe you're the hero we needed to take the bullet for us :eek:
     
  13. jaseow

    jaseow Active Member

    I had my core up on gumtree for quite a while for $650 AUD but I guess cos im in Perth i never got any bites. Finally managed to get a full refund from Razer by sending it back to them after a lot of back and forth
     
  14. Dat1Fish

    Dat1Fish Active Member

    waaaaaaaat??? I've been on gumtree almost everyday, to check for any Razer Cores :slightly_sad:
     
  15. ThirdDegreePun

    ThirdDegreePun Well-Known Member

    Probably would have had more success on eBay, did you have any issues with it?
     
  16. jaseow

    jaseow Active Member


    I never trust ebay as a seller though. Too easy for people to claim they didnt receive the item and get their money back.

    It was working fine for abt 8 months then it started randomly disconnecting for a second (enough to crash whatever game I was playing). Tried to get a refund based on that issue but they took back the core to their warehouse and tested and said they could not reproduce even though I sent them a video of it happening.

    They wanted my blade stealth as well for further tests but I could not live without a laptop for that long so they sent the core back to me.

    I then decided to get a full refund but they said its over the 14 days etc. so I used another issue that I had with the core (very minor issue) that razer knew about and had no ETA on a fix and they offered a full refund.

    Had to sell my stealth on gumtree for a slight loss though but overall i topped up $200 after selling my stealth and getting a refund on the core and I now use the Kabylake Blade with GTX1060. Couldnt be happier so much less hassle and just slightly heavier but still extremely portable
     
    Ramrunner and ThirdDegreePun like this.
  17. ThirdDegreePun

    ThirdDegreePun Well-Known Member

    Whilst that's partially true if you use tracking and can prove you sent it to their address with a photo before sending usually you should be fine. You'd be really unlucky to not only get someone claiming that but also for your evidence to not stand up.

    Yeah the disconnection issues seem quite common. Sounds like it might not get enough power to run the graphics and the plugged in hard drives/peripherals as well or something.

    I actually went through a pretty similar process, had a stealth, had some wifi problems and after a fight with support got a refund and bought the same blade. Also really happy and considering I wouldn't have been able to get a core still seemed like the way to go for me.
     
    Ramrunner likes this.
  18. Radical

    Radical New Member

    I might get one on Ebay, since it has an IEC connection and 100-240 voltage it will work very easily. shipping is gonna suck!
    So close to ditching my desktop
     
  19. Dmon94732

    Dmon94732 New Member

    yeh how did u get it shipped to australia?
     
  20. Cliche_au

    Cliche_au New Member

    So far 27 votes for. Razer is guaranteed about $18,225 AUD in sales (using $675 ebay example) based on that, just from this site! I wonder what the target is before they sell any to us.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sign In with Razer ID >


Don't have a Razer ID yet?
Get Razer ID >