[Status update] Blade 2016 shipment

Discussion in 'Systems' started by technokat, Apr 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Most likely the intel update with the tb3 protocol with the blade's chipset. Let's keep in mind that they have focused on the stealth for ces 2016 presentation and might have missed some details with the core-blade application. It is very much likely that razer is under an NDA that kept them from saying "it's intel's screw up" to protect each other name so people won't point fingers, but i might be wrong. Who knows?

    Some of the switches of razer leyboards are outsourced to kailh's factory but not all. And no computer manufacturer today have their own assembly line. They all use foxconn (hong fujin, honhai), sanmina, vexos and many others. Anyway, i have just receive my cancellation confirmation this morning so everyone can move up the waiting ladder now.

    ~happy waiting everyone. I hope the blue something guy won't ruin this thread with his racial slurs , vulgar curses and inability to accept other people's frustration and attack everyone.
  2. ohdavee

    ohdavee Member

    What's wrong with the stealth?
  3. I have the stealth QHD now. I love it other than the fans running constantly, though not super loud, just a little whinny.
  4. AmazingSpanoMan

    AmazingSpanoMan Active Member

    Nothing wrong with the stealth if you are in the market for a powerful ultrabook that will have gaming chops at home with the core.

    This is more for the on the go gamer, lan party person and pro software user that wants an all in one device rather than jumping between a portable and desktop.

    That's the main reason why I chose this route. I look at this as my way to finally have a powerful computer that I can use at home and away that may even be more powerful with the core at home for my CAD and rendering/gaming needs. Of course time will tell if the benefit from the core with this device would be worth it (I'm hoping so).

    With that said I'm hopeful that the core will really boost this device at home. Based on the benchmarks of other devices using an EGPU the numbers rise drastically, so I'm crossing my fingers and probably waiting it out with the delay.
  5. DeepLemontechnofever002

    DeepLemontechnofever002 Active Member

    I just don't know what to do with my life now. My old laptop passed away last week because it was refurbished and cheap. I decided to go with the new razer because it seemed like the coolest monster of a beast, the newest of the best. Now I'm lying here laptop-less, alone, and afraid for my future.
    I'm lying here questioning my life. Should I go with a new laptop? But the new Razer had awesome specs. Should I wait until the new Razer Blade comes out? But the pascal comes out the next month. Should I forever wait for the newest of the new? How will I game? How will I do my homework? How will I live? My world darkens every day without the screen of a laptop there to illuminate my life.
  6. AmazingSpanoMan

    AmazingSpanoMan Active Member

    LOL you're silly.
    But really...

    I'm contemplating my purpose in this world without that aluminum slab in my pack.

    How many days till the 18th??
    Starrah likes this.
  7. DeepLemontechnofever002

    DeepLemontechnofever002 Active Member

    In this endless cycle of delays, we might just receive our razer blades on our final days, eons after the pascal has passed. We will find our lives have come to mean nothing, an endless cycle of waiting, sorrow, and loss.
    DouglasHK likes this.
  8. Nightmyth

    Nightmyth Active Member

    I just got confirmation that my order is successfully cancelled. Personally, I think if everyone who doesn't absolutely need the Blade before Pascal release would just cancel their orders, it would teach Razer a lesson to treat customers with basic trust and clarity.
    SNAKERED and DouglasHK like this.
  9. DeepLemontechnofever002

    DeepLemontechnofever002 Active Member

    Are you going to wait for the pascal or do you have your eyes on a different computer now?

    I really wanted the blade but I need a laptop. I think that's why I am so upset about the whole thing. I'm not really super upset at Razer but at life. If I am spending a lot on a lap top, I want it to be the best of the best. But I'm without a laptop now. And as a college student, I live on my computer. If they sent it this week like they were supposed to, I would have been able to get by. But now utterly at a lost about what to do. By the time the blade is released it will be a breath away from being out of date, but that's the same problem with all technology.

    I don't know what to do for a laptop. I don't know if I should just get a cheap one and wait for the razer or even after pascal. Maybe go with a different company altogether? At this point I wouldn't even know which option to choose.
    Sorry for the rant :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  10. 9377519279

    9377519279 Active Member

    I found the solution boys.

  11. DeepLemontechnofever002

    DeepLemontechnofever002 Active Member

    Wow, much legit. Such razer. Wow.
    Zero_Range likes this.
  12. Guevariux

    Guevariux Member

    When is pascal coming out should i cancel my order or is razer gonna make another blade with pascal?
  13. Derek712

    Derek712 Active Member

    Nobody really knows until Computex
  14. Nightmyth

    Nightmyth Active Member

    Think about this, if the Blade even releases on May 18 without further delay, Computex is on the 31st and only two weeks away. Before you even finish installing all your games on the Blade, it will already be outdated. Regardless of whether Razer releases another Blade with Pascal, THIS generation of Blade is really not a good choice for this timeframe. You will be able to make a MUCH smarter choice if you wait till June.
  15. 9377519279

    9377519279 Active Member

    Theres nothing else in the same class of weight and battery life. I need portability and a dedicated card. I would like to see pascal but there is not another competitor that touches the blade.
  16. The stealth is really nice, and you can add core. Or, get the 2015 and save money since honestly, it's the same except for very small upgrades, chroma keyboard and core capability. I have the stealth. Debating whether to keep it(although I love it), or to get the 2015 cheaper blade 14 and then in 2017, getting the blade 14 with better upgrades and gpu(pascal hopefully)....
  17. Nightmyth

    Nightmyth Active Member

    I know the Blade is quite unique in that regard, which is why I chose it in the first place. I myself is a college student who wants to have a good laptop for both game AND work. Had there not been so many delays, I would not have cancelled it for sure. But I am also a sucker for the latest and greatest graphics card, and the new delivery date is SO close to Pascal, I want to make a smart decision. In fact, after Computex, I can always order the Blade again should I feel like I still prefer it to Pascal, by which time there will certainly be reviews on the new Blade to help me make that decision. If I want to wait for Pascal, there are also other thin and light laptops that will probably have Pascal sooner than the Blade. Personally, my bet is on the Aorus X5s V5, the Gigabyte P35x v5, and the MSI GS60. Finally, because my next semester is going to be CRAZILY busy, I might not have time for hardcore gaming anyway. So I am also considering the MacBook Pro, which is due for an upgrade in June as well. I know that Macs aren't built for gaming, but the reliability/longevity is unrivaled. With everything on the table in June/July, I will be able to make that decision strategically and with minimal regret.
  18. MrMeisterHD

    MrMeisterHD New Member

    I doubt Razer will release another Razer Blade with a pascal bump until about Spring 2017, but it is likely for them to release a Razer Blade Pro with pascal in late July of this year.
  19. Derek712

    Derek712 Active Member

    Yeah, that's certainly a possibility. That thing needs a complete overhaul though. If they try to sell that crap screen again...
  20. Snakered

    Snakered New Member

    I just cancelled as well, went the other direction as far as portability, since I only transport it from my house to work in a truck, but I got the Origin 17 SLX, with a desktop cpu and 980. And it ships next week, actually glad this delay happened I think I would be more happy with this. I am also willing to bet Razer knew since March that the blades wouldn't be ready until late may, but if they stated in March late May, they would of lost a lot more pre-orders, so instead they just baited us on a hook longer, awesome customer service too (sarcasm).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sign In with Razer ID >

Don't have a Razer ID yet?
Get Razer ID >