[Status update] Razer Core shipment

Discussion in 'Systems' started by technokat, Apr 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. technokat

    technokat Director, Social Marketing Staff Member

    As a heads-up, I'm hijacking this Core delay thread - I've renamed it, and consolidated a couple of others into one single update channel.

    The good news:
    • I can confirm that we're preparing to fulfill Razer Core pre-orders and they will be going out from May 23.
    • If they are ready to leave the warehouse, i.e. payment authorized, shipment arranged - there will be a shipment confirmation email sent out with the estimated date
    • For all system purchases (Razer Blade Stealth, Razer Blade) that are eligible for the US$100 off the Core, this discount is still available and it is valid up to 60 days after your product has shipped.
    Not long now:
    • We're still working to meet the overwhelming demand for the Razer Core, so do bear with us as we work to move the units to you as fast as we can.
    • While we continue to ramp up on the production of the Core, we're some updates for existing users - some essential updates can be found here: http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-core-updates
    • We've released a Beta version of the GPU Switcher that lets you toggle between internal and external dedicated graphics that can also be found in the above-mentioned link.
    More updates - June 22
    • We will have a wave of units for sale on June 22, at 6PM PST.
    • We're in the process of scaling up production, so expect more to come in the days to come.
    • NEW: June 23, another wave for sale going up at 8PM PST.
    We thank you for your patience and understanding on this and as usual, do feel free to reach out to me for any clarifications.
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  2. Just got confirmation from Razer Support that my Core is delayed. I placed my order quickly after it was made available, order placed: 3/16/2016. This was during the first pre-order opportunity.

    Now on my Order Status page:

    Product Name:
    Razer Core

    • Boxed Shipment
    • Preorder
      Ships on 15th April 2016
    Then, under the order (on the same page!) it says:

    This order will be shipped after the release date of 4/29/2016 for Razer Core.

    I checked with Support to be sure and here is their response:
    We apologize for any delays with your order, your order will be shipped from 25th April due to some fulfillment issue in our warehouse. We are doing our best to ship out your order as soon as possible.

    Very frustrating! I was going to leave my $100 discount unused in order to get the Core 2 weeks earlier, but now it seems like I'm just throwing money away. This is completely crazy, and I got no notice in email, it took me looking at the status to find out.

    That's horrible Customer Service
  3. mintouch

    mintouch Active Member

    I agree. they should apologize first before sending email like you. Like product quality, shipment is also in the area of responsibility. They should do their works far more actively.
  4. JETcoolCoolBlack681

    JETcoolCoolBlack681 Active Member

    Did you cancel it?
    Circuit.Board likes this.
  5. Praxis123

    Praxis123 New Member

    I have one on order as well as a Razer Blade Stealth 1440p all tied to the same order. I was using a Razer Blade Stealth 4k that I purchased and have since returned to the Microsoft store hoping my order would ship this week. I haven't heard a estimated date of when my order will ship (still says the 15th on the order page), I tried calling support and they were completely clueless. I really hope my date still is the 15th I am not sure if waiting till the 25th being with out a laptop is viable to me. What really sucks is I can't have the order broken up, so even though the laptop is sitting in a bin in a warehouse with my name on it, I won't get it till the core ships. I know support doesn't have any communication with the warehouse (they are using Digital River to ship everything, and that warehouse is almost completely silent when its comes to any sort of status). But Razer really needs to have better order support, not being able to split up orders or give valid release dates really isn't do much for my confidence in this company. I am in the same boat as the OP in regards to the 100 dollar code as well, I didn't apply it to my order and now it feels like I am just throwing money away. I really hope someone from Razer comes forward and explains what is going on, the silence on this issue speaks volumes as to the nature of support that this company has for gamers.
  6. Praxis123

    Praxis123 New Member

    Interesting side note I heard about though an email exchange with Razer support. The reason for the delay is Intel implemented a change most likely in the thunderbolt 3 usb-c setup which caused a retooling to have to be made before mass production could start again. This worries me a little and provides some relief at the same time. If Intel is still changing the specs on this setup whats to say they won't change it again a month down the line. But at the same time I can give some credit to Razer for stopping production and bringing the Core up to date with the latest specs from Intel. They know in doing so they annoyed a lot of people, but they wanted to ship the most up to date and complete product they could to us, which I can respect. I wish they were a little more forthcoming about the reason for the delay up front like making an announcement or something instead of only trickling out information to individuals who ask.
  7. Well I am planning on getting a core after pascal release, but dang. From the looks of it, the people who ordered the core are in for a long wait.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  8. Brastic

    Brastic Active Member

    I would rather wait two weeks and get a great product vs shipping something subpar.
  9. another_sandman

    another_sandman New Member

    So there is another thread that started similar to this one. Random and informal notices being sent to some pre-order owners stating that "The New Razer Blade" has been delayed from a 3/31 ship date to an April 21st. Then later delayed to 4/25(sound familiar?).

    These notices came to the community 3-4 days before the ship date with no reason given for the delay. Long story short, after a lot of griping and moaning about the issue and lack of information official word came out that it was an Intel update they needed to get into the product before they went to production. Still no information about if it was a processor or TB3 related update but at least we had something. Given the newness of the TB3 architecture and the Razer use of that technology to bridge graphics load to another connected product, most guessed it was related to the TB3 chipset/drivers. And as someone said in this thread most people would rather wait for a solid product than get a crappy one earlier so it placated most people.

    The one complaint we all had was the late communication and the lack of information given on why the delay. Also, some pre-orders got free stuff because of the delay and most did not :slightly_sad: oh well.

    Here's the thread(all 19 pages of it):
  10. another_sandman

    another_sandman New Member

    I forgot to mention that there is probably a good reason why Razer couldn't say too much about the cause of the delay. Intel or any other supplier of chips doesn't want their name dragged through the mud and being blamed so any 2-way and 3-way agreements have protections to prevent publicly blaming anyone for anything even if they deserve it.
  11. kajira

    kajira Mother of Gaming

    I will add to this that potential non-disclosure agreements could also be in place regarding the most recent technology and how it's being used until official release/ship dates.
  12. Praxis123

    Praxis123 New Member

    What is the official release date now? My core still says preordered ships on the 15th but on the bottom of the order it says the release date of the 29th? Then in an email I have someone telling me that it will ship on the 25th. So when is the official release date and when do NDA's expire?

    And now the second date on my invoice says the following: This order will be shipped after the release date of 5/23/2016 for Razer Core.

    If Razer delayed it again I am very close to canceling and finding something else. I have an email to confirm what my shipping date is. If they can't at least ship me my laptop separately I am going to cancel my order and reorder just the laptop and wait it out on the Core.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2016
  13. statton4

    statton4 Member

    i just checked my status and says the same! im very upset and thinking about cancelling my order. if i have to wait another month dont see the point in pre-ordering.
  14. Zorn_

    Zorn_ Active Member

    If this is true and not a glitch, I'm super disappointed as well, but it's not like there's something else shipping that you can just order instead.
    gh0st01010 likes this.
  15. Praxis123

    Praxis123 New Member

    Right now I am more annoyed at their stupid "we won't break up orders or ship orders till everything is in stock and ready" rule. A laptop with my name on it has been sitting in their warehouse since 3/16 waiting on the Core. If they can't at least ship my laptop to me sperately then the Core order is getting canceled and I will just wait.
  16. TyMcLean

    TyMcLean Active Member

    I just checked mine, and it showing the same date. This is kind of ridiculous. I have no email stating that it will be delayed. @Razer|Technokat any way to get something official? Screenshot_20160414-074437~2.png
  17. Praxis123

    Praxis123 New Member

    I just got tired of waiting for the laptop and ordered anouther one I will fight with Razer later about getting it removed from my core order. The order for the second laptop is already in process and should ship today. Just got tired of waiting on Razer to get their act together

    Spent my lunch hour on the phone with Razer support. From what I was told the new shipping dates are confirmed for sometime around May 23rd. The reason for the delay is from the manufacturing group missing parts that have not been supplied by their vendor. Still trying to talk directly with their orders team to get a straight answer.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2016
    TyMcLean likes this.
  18. Zorn_

    Zorn_ Active Member

    From the original thread Min made talking about the pricing of the Core, he mentioned they would be shipping within the next 30-60 days, so I was a little worried it could fall toward that latter end.

    It's disappointing, but not completely unexpected. I'm still happy to be able to get one for the $399 price. My birthday is in May, so if nothing else it'll be a nice self birthday gift =)
  19. LeftofRight15

    LeftofRight15 New Member

    I might just cancel my Blade 2016 and Core orders after this... This is getting ridiculous. I get it... things happen with cutting edge tech but the lack of communication is both puzzling and frustrating.

    I am starting to feel like I am getting jerked around now, though.

    My desktop works fine, I just wanted to see if the combination fits my needs while taking up less space. I might as well just keep it.
    rohitrayudu86 and mdaly001 like this.
  20. JETcoolCoolBlack681

    JETcoolCoolBlack681 Active Member

    Keep us informed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sign In with Razer ID >

Don't have a Razer ID yet?
Get Razer ID >