When using the mouse and playing WOW, the mouse cursor often jumps to the corners of the screen. I notice this especially when I move the camera around and when I am turning my character, I'm all of a sudden looking at the sky which makes me have to re-adjust the camera position. Out of the game, the cursor just jumps to the corners of the screen. I have also had issues with the cursor freezing for a slit second while moving. This happens often when taking the mouse off the charging dock and turning it on; I do let it sit for a couple seconds before using it. After a while, that issue usually stops.
Here is my current setup and the troubleshooting steps I have taken:
BTW, I do turn off the mouse before placing it on the dock.
- 144Hz gaming monitor
- Logitech mouse pad (cloth) - always kept clean
- Razer Synapse 2 v2.21
- Razer Naga Epic Chroma driver v6.2.9200.16385 (last updated on 12/12/2016) - No new drivers are available on Razer's website or through Synapse 2
- Polling Rate = 1000Hz
- Mouse Sensitivity = 1100 DPI
- OS mouse sensitivity = middle
- Mouse Acceleration = OFF
- Plugging the charging dock into a USB 2.0 port and 3.0 port
- Reinstalling Razer Synapse 2
- Changing DPI
- Updating Windows (August updates are installed)
- Trying Razer Synapse 3 even though the Naga Epic Chroma is not supported
- Uninstalling Razer Synapse and using the mouse as is
- Reboot (obviously)
The only thing I did not do was change the polling rate to either 250Hz or 500Hz. I changed it to 500Hz this morning and went into WOW to try to see if the cursor would jump, as well as in the OS and it did not do anything weird. So I may have fixed it, but am unable to confirm if this is the solution as my testing was very limited.
I want to know if this is a very common issue with the Naga Epic Chroma and if there is updated firmware or drivers that I can install for the mouse. I strictly use the mouse in wireless mode as that is why I purchased it a few years back. This problem has been happening ever since I received the mouse.
If you need more information on my setup or troubleshooting, please ask. I want to get this either resolved, or confirmation from Razer stating that this is an issue and there is no fix so I can just throw the mouse away and buy from a different company.