We all want that excellent / high performing battlestation; although RTX 3080 TI is now released, the shortage of GPUs still goes on, thanks to scalpers who continue to purchase from Best Buy and Micro Centers and resell them at such ridiculous prices in Ebay.
If you are thinking of an alternative solution, GTX 1080 TI could be an answer and for many years to come.
GTX 1080 TI may lack the following features~~
- Ray tracing (check out what games support Ray tracing)
- Deep Learning Super Sampling (check out what games support DLSS)
- Benchmark comparison to some of nvidia and radeon series
But the card still has the potential to play all the latest games and for many years to come. So if you are going to use the GPU for gaming, medium level video editing and rendering application etc, I would suggest the following configuration~~
- Set your display resolution to 2K (this gives you flexibility in setting higher refresh rate. 4K to 8K can only do less than 60 Hz)
- Open NVIDIA control panel and set the following configuration to optimize your GPU performance
Additionally, if you are purchasing a second hand GTX 1080 TI, learn how to breakdown the GPU and action the following~~~
- Thoroughly remove the dust using air duster and paint brush
- Use Isopropyl alcohol and tissue to remove any tough dirt, dust, old thermal paste etc
- Renew the thermal paste and pad
- Try not to lose the screws
4 year old legend still stands firm~~