RAZER decides to do a monitor: we know it will be rather expensive. Razer tends to go all out for us and we pay a premium for that. Please no complaining about price on this thread. Let the market handle that on its own.
So, features. I have a list of requests. Lets see if they align with other gamers on the planet.
- High refresh rate. 120 Hz or better.
- nVidia G sync. This as opposed to AMD Freesync. nVidia cards are blowing away the competition and have been for some years now. Choice in compatibility standards should reflect that.
- Some type of anti-glare
- Some type of high detail black. You need to be able to see and diayinguish between levels of dark grey and black. I grew up playing games that really emphasized light, dark, shadows, etc. You gotta be able to see every detail.
- Broad color spectrum
- Curved screen
- Design that enables easy multi-monitor configurations. Difficult with a curved screen, but perhaps increases immersion.
- Hard, high quality screen. Possibly touch. I even like the idea of incorporating the IGZO screen from the Rzr phone and the blade.
- Chroma. Somebody would have said this if I didnt.
- Size... ok... this is the dealbreaker for me. Monitors under 30 inches are available but really dont have the same level of immersion as the larger monitors. How about 34 inches or better.
- 1ms response time
- Cinematic aspect ratio
Thats the best concept I could come up with without drawing it out myself. The best bet would be to do better than the Alienware monitor that is comparable to these specs and make it more marketable toward the Razer base. Ya know, high quality, good warranty, chroma, black on black, etc.
Tell me what you guys think. If this horse has been beaten to death, let me know. Otherwise I'll loom forward to your comments and a future full of I-told-ya-so.