- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- Dota 2
Current Version: 2.4
Old Beta Version: 3.7
New Beta Version: 5.0
DOTA2 INFO: With a recent Update Valve disabled the gameintegration per default cause of performance issues for some users who didn't even know about it. This can be reenabled by adding "-gamestateintegration" to the launch settings.
How to Install:
- Download latest Version from the Razer Workshop or the GameDog Thread.
- Install GameDog
- Open Synapse and make sure Chroma Apps are enabled under the "Chroma Apps -> Settings" Tab
- Start GameDog
- Make sure your Chroma Devices play a Green Animation and then return back to your default Profile.
- Make sure under Settings in GameDog the Directory to your Game is set correctly.
- Minimize GameDog. It will stay open in the Tray Bar.
- Start your Game and GameDog should receive Data and change the lighting accordingly.
- After playing GameDog will revert the Keyboard back to your Synapse Profile
If you feel like donating something I'd be very happy:
Either via Paypal
Thank you very much!
- Full rewrite, New UI, improved performance
- Fixed Bug causing "SDK not found" error on start
- Fixed Bug with HttpRequestException
- CS:GO: Fixed Crash
- Workaround for slow updates caused by Valves broken API
- 2.0 (Just a minor Bugfix release to internal Version 5895)
- Dota 2: Fix passive items lighting up as a Key
- Allows staying in the Background
That means GameDog does NOT turn yellow anymore. Once you start gamedog it plays a starting animation (Green light running along all Devices). After that GameDog returns to your default Synapse profile! This behaviour can be changed in Settings but is activated by default. Make sure to MINIMIZE the Window (it moves to the tray) and do NOT close the Window as that closes GameDog completly.
- Start with Windows
Makes the above actually useful. It makes GameDog start with Windows in the Background. You can now also start GameDog with the Parameter "/StartMinimized" which will Minimize gamedog right to the tray. It WON'T play any starting animation in that mode and won't initialize Chroma until you actually start a Game!
- Import and Export of Assignments to share with Friends!
With the Export and Import Buttons in the Assignments view you can get a JSON (Text) representation of your Assignments you can save as Textfile if you want to switch between profiles. Just click on Export and then click on "ok" to make GameDog copy everything into your clipboard. Now you can store this in your own Textfile for later use and just copy and paste it into the Box that appears when you click on "Import".
But that not enough!
You can also enter URLs to textfiles that are then downloaded so you can host your profile via any text file hosting service.
- Single-time Key Flash for Game Values
Allows you to let a Key flash for a moment if a Value changes (for example your HP drops or your Ammo drops)
- Complete Dota Support
Support for Ability Cooldowns, Item Cooldowns, Buyback (only if the money is enough...the cooldown isn't checked, sorry), Status Effects, Day- and Nightclock...if there is anything you want, please let me know.
- New Devices added
Keypads (tested with Orbweaver) and Headsets (Razer Kraken) are now supported!
Keys for the Keypad are set similar to the Keyboard Keys and the Headset is a on/off switch as it can only show one state. The Headset is not very fast as it fades from one color to the other so some things might not work as expected!
- CS:GO Changes
Bombtimer moved to 40 Seconds. Added grenades as Game Value.
- Better Game Lookup (Thanks njbmartin!)
Games are now found even outside of the Steam Folder within a Steam Library.
- Added better Error Handling for internal Server instead of swallowing Errors. If something doesn't work please send me the Logfile (GameDog.txt) available in: %AppData%\\GameDog\\logs
- Fixed an issue that caused (caught) Exceptions when wearing a Knife. Preventing spam on the logfile.
- Fixed an issue where Synapse won't recognize GameDog as a Chroma App if SDK is not enabled. Giving users the posibility to enable the SDK in Synapse if it's the only Chroma App ever.
- Official Release
- Fixed Version after SDK update
- Support for Firefly and Mamba TE! (Thanks Razer for the support!)
- Removed MANY of the plugins like Health and Armor and replaced it with a single "Two Color" Plugin where you can choose which Game Value to be used. One Plugin for Health, Armor etc.
- Added a Countdown Plugin which works similar as the above but disables one key after theother (100% means all glowing, 0% means 1 key glowing). That's helpful as the requested Bombcountdown as an example. (See the Bomb Countdown default assignment)
- Added an "Active Weapon Clip/Max" Game Value.
- Changed the way Keymappings are done a bit to make it slightly more obvious which Keys are selected.
- Added ChromaXML for Synapse support.
- Minimizing to Tray. Even so Colore added support for Uninit the Razer SDK doesn't seem to support apps running in the background and just using the SDK when they need to yet. But it's being looked into.( https://github.com/CoraleStudios/Colore/pull/121 )
- Added a text to make Doubleclick as well as rearranging Assigments more prominent
- I probably forgot something...
- Limited Dota support!
- Effects are back
- Stats screen removed for now
- Assignments work like layers on top of each other and can be rearranged via Drag and Drop. Highest priority is at the bottom.
- "Fill Color" makes the whole Keyboard light up
- "Menu and Typing" makes the Keyboard light up completly in menu (Orange by default) and while typing in chat(white)
- Added a "Flash below" property allowing to define a value below that point when they Key should flash
- Assignments can be named
- Colors can be choosen via a Color Picker
- Bombtime is customizable
- Better Description for Assignment Properties
- Keys can be ordered
- Performance improvments
- Fixed Steam Search, Added Custom CS:GO Folder in Settings
- Fixed Crashes
- Detecting if no SDK is installed
- Added Custom Colors and Changed how Assignments are made
- Added new Function: "Kill Counter (Test)"
- Temporarily Removed Effects Flashed, Smoked and Burning. They will be back again.
- Introduced Crash and Application Logs
It's using the great Colore C# Chroma SDK Library!
What it is right now (besides Buggy and Ugly (not that much anymore) for now):
- Using official CS:GO API to read out stats (same API GameSense uses)
- Following effects can be displayed on the Keyboard
- Keys can be assigned to the following "Functions":
- Static Color (Displayed in one color all the time)
- Two Colors (Displays a Game Value in a range from 0 to 100% (or true/false as 0 and 100%) and fades between two Colors. If the percent drops below the "Flash below percent" the Key or Mouse(pad) side will start flashing either in the Color defined via Flash Color or if that one is transparent in the Color defined via Color Start and Color End. Every Game Value that does not include "Percent" is displayed either as 0% or as 100% depending on the true/false state of the Value.)
- Count Down Colors (Same as Two Colors but makes the Assigned Keys or Mouse(pad) sides light up in the defined order depending on the percentage)
- Effect: x (Makes the whole Keyboard light up for an Effect, White for flash, Grey for smoke and red for Burning)
- Kill Counter (Sets Keys one after another for each Kill the player did this round. This means if there are 5 Keys assigned and the player got 2 Headshots and one normal Kill, then 2 of the 5 Keys will light up in the HeadshotColor, one will light up in the KillColor one one will light up in the NoneColor
- Bomb (Fades Keys from ColorStart to ColorEnd within 35 Seconds. Then switches to ColorDefusable (defusable with Def-Kit) for 5 Seconds before going to ColorNonDefusable)
- Roundphase (Displays Freezetime (FreezetimeColor), Live (PlayingColor) or unknown (UndefinedColor) state of the current round on Keys)
- Menu and Typing (Lights up the whole Keyboard depending if the user is Typing or in Menu)
- If CS:GO or Dota is installed outside of the Steam Folder then go to settings and change the CS:GO Folder or Dota Folder Settings Key.
I really hope to get some feedback and hope people like that.
when im click on save the software just crush ..
tried to download it again
"GameDog has stopped working
works great ! thanks man
i was waiting for something like that for chroma
What was the fix for your problem?
Did it just work after some tries?
I opened the program
Then I went to CS GO
Only then i did save
Thanks! I fixed that issue and maybe a few other Crash issues now. Saving without being connected to CSGO should work with a new Download
btw nice project !!
hope to see some more updates for this
I'll really like to hear more, I'll be reaching out to you via Conversations.
(I'm the Developer Relations guy for Chroma ;))
- New and Modern UI. (I could only test on Windows 10 but it should work on Windows 8(.1), too. I'm not sure about Windows 7). I hope you guys from Razer don't mind my Theme choice (dark grey + green). As the tool is for the Chroma I thought that colors fit ;)
- Made an Installer(portable zip file is still available).
- I started to use version numbers. (0.1 for now as it's still early alpha) Version Numbers showing in the Titlebar.
- A new "Stats" Page for CS:GO shows Live Stats (if CS:GO is running). There is a little bug with the live stats as the Rounds for a team might only show if the team has more won rounds then 0 especially when GameDog is restarted while already playing. Player Score shows Kills, Assists, Deathes in that order.
Keep it up!
Waited for so long!
First love the Merto UI. However this is my current hard drive situation
1x SSD 128GB (C: )(for OS and drivers only)
4x 1TB Raid 10. (D: )
I keep my games on my drive because my ssd is so tiny I have no space. By default I think your application looks for CS:GO folder in C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common
However mine would be in D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common. Is there a way we can switch the directory? I know for most users they wouldn't ever need this feature, But a lot of people who have made custom pc's such as myself have they're primary drive as a small SSD and HDD for storage. Thanks.
The .exe can't find my cs:go directory (Error: Steam folder or CSGO Directory not found)
Obs: My steam folder isn't in the default folder
Obs2: Can I get VAC'ed using it???
I can answer the second observation: nope. It really is a public API.
Thanks for the testing!
I'm reading the current Steam Directory from the registry. I'm not sure when Steam sets that (maybe only on install not on copy?). I myself have steam installed on D:\\Steam.
Try opening the registry (regedit.exe) and take a look under;
There should be a SteamPath Value pointing to the current Stream Directory.
It can be that depending on 32bit and 64bit executables of steam used or your current architecture (I'm testing on 64bit) this Folder is somewhere else I don't catch yet. Please take a look under
And check if it is there. If it is, then I'll add a catch for that in the next Version.
In general you can create the needed Key yourself if you don't want to wait for a new version (Be careful here. I'm not responsible if something goes wrong in registry. Only do that if you know what you're doing!). If "Valve" doesn't exist rightclick on Software -> New -> Key (Valve) Same for Steam under Valve. On the right Side beneath (Default) rightclick -> New -> String Value and call it "SteamPath". Doubleclick it and add the Path to the Steam Directory. The following needs to exist:
[SteamPathFromRegistry]\\SteamApps\\common\\Counter-Strike Global Offensive
Please tell me what caused the issue for you so I can workaround it in next Versions.
@VAC: It's the official API for reading out current stats from the game. I'm not fiddling around with the csgo process in any way. CSGO is itself sending the Data to GameDog as it does to GameSense. Don't make me responsible if you get VAC banned cause it won't be from GameDog!
I definitely wouldn't recommend changing or adding any of the registry keys manually.
I agree. Changing the registry is only for people who know what they are doing. Best to check if these Keys are available. Maybe it's just the Wow6432Node problem. Then just tell me that it is in Wow6432Node. If it is, then I'll add this key later. I will also try to add a way to manually set the Steam Directory if it can't be found in registry.
The only reason I can see this Key isn't there in any of these places is when Steam gets copied from an old place and not installed, it might not have that registry Keys. Or if Steam got installed and then moved to another place manually the Key might be wrong.
I've downloaded the App and i could start it. I tested it and i was not sure how to activate this app in cs go.
But then the app crashed with this error code. Now every time when i start it, this error appears.
What can i do?
Thanks a lot
Should I try reinstall the steam???
Just to make sure. Do you have the SDK installed correctly as described here in Step 2 and 3?
It looks like it is not able to get in contact with the Keyboard.
Give me a moment. If no big mistake happens while I test it right now, I'm going to update the Main Post in a few Minutes with a new Version 0.2. This new Version makes sure to look in multiple pathes in the Registry as well as Custom Colors and a few more things. It also makes sure to check if the keyboard can be accessed and the SDK is installed.