Since the start of Diablo IV server slam a few weeks ago, my Basilisk V3 Pro has been randomly freezing and then not working at all, even with multiple PC restarts, plugging in cable, connecting to Mouse Dock Pro, connecting to bluetooth dongle, switching USB ports, docking and un-docking the mouse, and anything else I could think of. The only thing that seems to fix it, is going on the Razer website and downloading and installing the latest firmware for the Mouse Dock Pro - every time it’s not up to date with the latest firmware and it’s extremely tedious trying to navigate through my PC and downloading this firmware without my mouse!! This has been happening a couple of times a week since it started. Why isn’t my firmware auto-updating? Is this a known Blizzard Games issue or has it just been a whole bunch of coincidences??
- happened a couple of times mid-game when playing Overwatch 2
- happened every single time I tried to play the Diablo IV server slam, within a minute or two of loading and logging in to the game - I eventually had to give up as it took me 15 mins+ per time to get the mouse working again, just for it to immediately freeze again, so I missed out on the server slam rewards :(
- happened once (I think) since official Diablo IV early access release
- has just happened again now as I’ve quit Diablo IV - game closed and mouse immediately ceased working
- every time it’s fixed by updating Mouse Dock Pro firmware (Basilisk V3 Pro firmware always says it’s already up to date) - so it’s not even the mouse that’s the issue (supposedly), and yet I can’t use the mouse in any other way even if I disconnect it from the dock or connect it via a cable?
- all my relevant Razer and PC settings are set to auto-download updates, as far as I can tell (though my AMD GPU is also supposed to auto-download but sometimes it just doesn’t so I check it weekly for manual updates)
Am I being really dumb? I can’t find a fix for this anywhere online or anyone else who’s had the same issues. Please help! It’s getting really annoying.