It would be great if we could get some traction on adding support Mac OS X for Synapse 3. I just purchased my Blackwidow Elite and would like to use it for work too which is Mac. I am disappointed there isn't cross platform support, will there ever be cross platform support or should return my keyboard for another?
Are newer devices also compatible with Synapse 2?
Already have an account? Login
Login to Razer ID to create new threads and earn badges.LOG IN
Welcome to Razer Insider
Login to Razer ID to create new threads and earn badges.LOG IN
Enter your username or e-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.
The only app, that is working on OS X with Razer is open-source RGB effects manager: https://github.com/1kc/razer-macos
I am slowly starting my move from Razer to Corsair for MacOS support - would prefer to stay Razer as spent '000s and was about to pull the trigger on chair and a few other side pieces to keep the collection uptodate.
Release a roadmap / beta etc to show some progress!
The reply in post #4 (including the attached email from Razer) is insulting doublespeak. Failure to release Mac software is not making "a product that is dedicated to both Windows and MacOS users" because, and I can't believe I have to explain this, all software features for current products have been unavailable to Mac users for nearly 3 years and they still have no plan to address it! And even if they did, if the forum posts about the PC rollout of Synapse 3 in 2018 are any indication, I would not download the first release of the Mac version as they basically force customers to be their beta testers.
It is clear that Razer decided Mac users do not represent a big enough segment of their market to warrant tying up existing resources or hiring/outsourcing additional developers to complete and support the Mac OS application. That would be a reasonable business decision if stated as such. However, Razer has not owned up to this decision, but instead keeps selling products to Mac users with the [false] promise that the software could arrive any time now "so do stand by," which is corporate speak for, "How do you keep an idiot in suspense?"
Bottom line: Mac users need to avoid Razer products. This is going to get posted all over social media and every major retailer where I can submit a product review.
I would be absolutely willing to beta test Synapse 3 OSX, but with no response from Razer, I can only assume it will never happen. As the above comment says, I'd recommend that you
do not buy Razer products for OSX until this is resolved
I would recommend more people take the time and post here to let Razer know how much of a problem this is. A few messages a month aren't cutting it. If this is a serious problem for you, speak up. We spend a lot of money on these premium computer peripherals, and if something is Windows-only, then that should be clearly spelled out in the product information.
Even a stability update for Synapse 2 would be great. It seems like it just needs to be updated to ask for the proper permissions in later versions of OSX. It actually kind of works, but would inexplicably break after a while and then ask for permissions.
Did this work? Cause Synapse 2 doesn’t support the Naga Pro, only way I found is to configure the Mouse in windows and get back to Mac...
I made do with the buggy experience until now, but since the upgrade to Big Sur synapse doesn't even detect that devices are connected. I sometimes get the overlay randomly appearing with the name of a profile I had registered, but they don't take effect nor can they be changed since the software no long detects devices at all.
Would love an update with at least a time line on this project. Are there any resources being directed to this at all? Its been years of "maybe sort of working" on fixing the mac side, and now things are completely broken.
hola a todos, soy nuevo en esto del gaming, el dia de ayer compre un tartarus chorma con la ilucion de poder tener un teclado personalizado con el software de diseño, para el uso de photoshop, me voy enterando que el soporte para Mac os big sur no es el adecuado, espero pronto se resuelva esto.
From my experience there will never be a solution cause Mac is a niche and doesn't bring money.
No it did not work. I am thinking you are right; Must use windows to configure it and go back to MAC. Very frustrating!
It's probably a better idea for everyone who wants Synapse 3 on Mac sign this petition on Change to get them to do something
Done & sent $30 put towards the cause. :smile_:
Time to join the fight.
Just noticed that it's a year old & has stalled.
Come on guys, at least sign the petition, it's free & could help.
My needs are extremely simple, I only need it for my optical keyed Huntsman v2 Analog keyboard so that I choose a single colour static backlight, & media key functionality.
No fancy light shows, no multi-gear synced lighting, no voice control, that's it.
I'd imagine that they'd make it loud & clear if Apple was screwing them around. :wink_:
Please don't leave a sizable portion of your user base out in the cold - with no Razer support for Big Sur Mac OS. At least make v1.88 compatible with OS 11 even if it is just keyboard and mouse operations. Some kind of driver that would keep us flailing about with your products. Shameful.
I kept the keyboard intending to give Razer a spray, but plugged it in & it did everything I needed straight out of the box, without Synapse. Nice.
If someone in the contact centre had told me that at the start, I wouldn't have had to endure all the mindless template shrouded drivel & saved a lot of frustration.
That said, I'm delighted with my Huntsman v2 Analog & won't be chewing anyone's ear.
I've contacted them since & voiced my concerns that you professionals are disappointed.
I pleaded for a slow but steady ramp up of Synapse, to bring hope & restore trust.
Sorry gamers, I don't take you seriously.
I urge professionals to politely contact Chelsea (my Super Heroine ) at Razer, she's been amazing & has been the only staff member to show Mac Razer customer respect.
I feel your pain, in my opinion, it's bad enough for existing Mac customers who have already purchased products, to later find that they're now not supported, but to allow new buyers to purchase Razer products to find out the bad news when they try plugging them in, is poor form.
The cheapest fix could be for Razer to inform all outlets of the problem & provide them with large "INCOMPATIBLE WITH Mac OS" labels for all of their current & future Razer products, until Razer produces new packaging.