Razer ultimate new firmware?

Discussion in 'Console Peripherals' started by RRicard00, Jan 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RRicard00

    RRicard00 New Member

    I read there is a new firmware? v3? Can someone confirm this?
     
  2. Jenjar

    Jenjar Well-Known Member VANGUARD

    If I were you, I would head on over to the support section of insider and create a thread, and then you can get official help from a Razer support agent.

    If this is relating the drifting issues, I do believe there is a beta firmware you can get from support that helps the issue.
     
    pancholr likes this.
  3. 7nightwing7

    7nightwing7 Active Member

    Ive read about the 1.03 aswell.
     
  4. Flipkick661

    Flipkick661 New Member

    I have just been in touch with the Chat Support, and I am furious! I was told that firmware ver. 1.03 does indeed exist, but I couldn't have it, as I am currently running the 1.02 beta, and the 1.03 version can't override that at this time. So basically I've been helping Razer test their broken product, and now I can't even download the latest version of the firmware for my 200€ controller!?

    There was no warning that this might happen when I was given the beta firmware, and no timeline for when beta testers will get to update their hardware. This is starting to become farcical!
     
  5. Badazzler

    Badazzler New Member

    But i was in tutch with the staff and thay gave me the 1.03 verision today but i only had the 1.01 befor
     
  6. Flipkick661

    Flipkick661 New Member

    Exactly! Only people with version 1.01 can get 1.03, people who helped test 1.02 are being left with a broken beta firmware. Horrible way to thank the community for the help...
     
    Acacyn and 7nightwing7 like this.
  7. Evs85

    Evs85 New Member

    Any idea what would stop us upgrading to 1.03 if already on 1.02? i have a link to the 1.03 file but on 1.02 and dont want to brick the controller trying?

    this is 1.03 for TE:
    http://rzr.to/mxXSn
     
  8. RRicard00

    RRicard00 New Member

    is it safe to upgrade to 1.03 while on 1.02 beta?
     
  9. Would like to know as well for the ultimate. I’m on 1.02 atm
     
  10. Flipkick661

    Flipkick661 New Member

    According to the support staff, it won't work. You're welcome to try, though, but no guarantees it won't cause more problems.
     
  11. Evs85

    Evs85 New Member

    If anyone does try please report back :)
     
  12. stavrosmangaros

    stavrosmangaros Active Member

    First of all, did the v1.03 fix anything? did anyone try it out?
     
  13. 7nightwing7

    7nightwing7 Active Member

    They told me that if i already have the 1.02 beta, and it did not work. I needed to rma my controller. I'm really confused now. Ive read stories about people who returned their raiju ultimate controller 6 times, and still had the same issues.
     
  14. Bartow33

    Bartow33 New Member

    What does it mean Rma please?
     
  15. 7nightwing7

    7nightwing7 Active Member

    It means send them the controller, so they can send you a new one.
     
  16. Bartow33

    Bartow33 New Member

    Ok thank’s
     
  17. stavrosmangaros

    stavrosmangaros Active Member

    Since im fed up with this i did some research, even if i return my controller now the new astro controller isnt coming out until March for once so unless we get our money back i dont see other options out there. The guys who got it near Xmas reported just the controllers having lag on bluetooth. If the sticks are kinda faulty on the first batch (that i dont think so) then there's a chance the replacement will also be of the first batch since the storage here still has ultimate controllers since the end of October.

    Since there are no options available ill wait till March. If its a software issue ill give them some months more to fix it, if its a hardware issue then ill wait till they order a new batch of controllers so i dont happen to run into an initial batch. Till then we would have read reviews of the astro controller as well. I have Astro headsets for well over a year and they are perfect like the first day i bought them so im hoping their controller is actually good. So at least thats what ill do, wait till March, gather info on the Astro C40, see how the firmwares are evolving, make sure they have a newer batch and thats it.
     
  18. stavrosmangaros

    stavrosmangaros Active Member


    ok so thanks to someone who informed me of this, by pressing the Up button on the D-pad and X for 10-20 seconds u can put the controller into bootloader mode, i did it to mine, the LED etc stopped working and i run the updater of v1.01 and it updated back to that. So i suggest everyone does the same and we ask for the link for the v1.03.
     
    JC1169, Flipkick661 and 7nightwing7 like this.
  19. RRicard00

    RRicard00 New Member

    If this works and fix all the problems it would be great. Who dares to try it. :)
     
    stavrosmangaros likes this.
  20. SiR-Swifty

    SiR-Swifty New Member

    I can confirm this works :) Here is what i did, Load the official v1.01 firmware on your pc and whilst holding up on the d pad and the x button at the same time connect your usb cable, make sure the controller is set to usb. It will automatically go into bootloader mode and run the updater. once it finishes disconnect then rconnect and just run the beta v1.03 updater to upgrade. I'm going to test for a few hours and probably will write up on wether this firmware is an improvement. Thanks for the advice on how to get this beta working stavrosmangaros :)
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sign In with Razer ID >


Don't have a Razer ID yet?
Get Razer ID >