Dismiss Notice
Some Razer services have been impacted due to the unique circumstances COVID-19 has created. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding during this critical time.

Android 9 Pie

Discussion in 'Mobile' started by XOmegaGold, Aug 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThirdTemple

    ThirdTemple Active Member

    Dear Razer Phone Support:

    Could you please provide ETA status on the OTA for:

    A) 8.1.0 Maintenance Release 2; and
    B) 9.0 Pie.

    Thank you.
    arisadika likes this.
  2. ElimGarak

    ElimGarak New Member

    I didn't know a maintenance release was scheduled for 8.1.0, but I will selfishly hope it's been delayed to include a fix for the streaming FLAC bug I reported directly to Razer (after pinning it down with the help of a couple Plex devs).

    It's probably just delayed because of testing or something, but I can think wishfully…
  3. FritzCT

    FritzCT New Member

    I'm not razer but at the moment.

    MR2 three days ago

    Best guess on Pie Feb 19

    but nothing so loud as their silence at the moment
  4. ThirdTemple

    ThirdTemple Active Member

    What do you mean you're not Razer at the moment? You received the MR2 OTA?

    "Razer is now focusing its resources into the development of the second-generation Razer Phone and accompanying software releases which will extend its software and services from PC into the mobile market." -Razer

    That's nice but, what about software releases for the current device?
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2018
  5. zircoxx

    zircoxx Member

    Razer promised that MR2 will be released in the end of August, but still not yet released
  6. FritzCT

    FritzCT New Member

    Sorry badly written post. It should read:

    I don't work for Razer support but at the moment the answers are:

    MR2 was due out before the end of August

    Pie likely will not be released until early 2019.
  7. Mantisboxleet624

    Mantisboxleet624 New Member

    Well this sucks ... I recently picked up the Razer Phone at Bestbuy this past week. I had no idea there was a bluetooth problem until I tried connecting to my Fitbit. It finds it, but just never completes the link. Already purchased a case, screen protector and SD card. I really don't want to return this especially since Bestbuy charges a $35 restocking fee. Here's hoping they get this fixed in the next 10 days otherwise they might lose a customer.

    Has anyone been able to get the Fitbit Ionic completely setup? That's really a deal breaker for me as my phone is pretty much always on silent.
    zircoxx likes this.
  8. xRuhRohx

    xRuhRohx Member

    Sadly it won't work until they fix BT.
    zircoxx likes this.
  9. godashram

    godashram Active Member

    I can say that I have not had a single issue with my fitbit other than some delays in notifications, but running a blaze, not an ionic.
    zircoxx likes this.
  10. AgentMrQ

    AgentMrQ New Member

    I'll be interested in knowing when pie would be delivered too.
    zircoxx likes this.
  11. zircoxx

    zircoxx Member

    No problem connecting Fitbit.
  12. TanJADEauto948

    TanJADEauto948 New Member

    Any more news?
  13. ThirdTemple

    ThirdTemple Active Member

    We just got July's patch with bug fixes. No word on Pie. Everybody here assumes early 2019 for Pie.
  14. TanJADEauto948

    TanJADEauto948 New Member

    Ahh okay, i haven't received the latest update with fixes yet! Hmm more transparency razer!
  15. FritzCT

    FritzCT New Member

    I spoke to Razer yesterday and they said that there was a further slight delay in the European rollout of MR2. Whether that's something to do with 3 or something else I don't know - they just said some further bug fixes.

    Best guess on Pie is first third of 2019 but that's really based on the time it took them to roll out Oreo (released end of August 2017 but Razer didn't roll it out until April 2018 as the 8.1 MR0 release).

  16. TanJADEauto948

    TanJADEauto948 New Member

    That would make sense as I'm with 3, well they should give us pie as we have paved the way for them to do a second phone...
  17. FritzCT

    FritzCT New Member

    Yeah but remember Pie isn't without issues. If this MR2 rollout fixes my BT problems (and it seems it will) then I'm in no hurry to break it again with Pie.
  18. TanJADEauto948

    TanJADEauto948 New Member

    True, but they should have started working on it since the developer kit came out!
  19. ThirdTemple

    ThirdTemple Active Member

    So is our money on January 2019 for receiving Pie OTA?
  20. FritzCT

    FritzCT New Member

    If they stick to the same timetable for Oreo and release at 9.1 then maybe around April. If they release 9.0 then obviously sooner.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sign In with Razer ID >

Don't have a Razer ID yet?
Get Razer ID >