Dismiss Notice
Some Razer services have been impacted due to the unique circumstances COVID-19 has created. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding during this critical time.

Highly Considering an RMA

Discussion in 'Systems' started by EliteEFive, Aug 9, 2016.


Should I RMA?

  1. RMA

  2. Don't RMA

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EliteEFive

    EliteEFive New Member

    As the title suggests, I'm considering returning my Razer Blade Stealth. It's been a difficult decision because I know it's going to take time before I receive a new one, and with how frequent these issues are, I'm worried that I'll just receive another broken product. I've been fighting myself on if my problems are minor and are "livable", but at the end of the day the system is just not there yet. I can only speak for myself but I've been only having problem after problem.

    -Random freezing, (Had a blue screen that said "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal")
    -Random screen glitch (http://i.imgur.com/qSorsei.jpg) Fixed by closing and reopening the screen
    -Minor heat issues when casual browsing
    -Synapse fn+key profile switching no longer working (tried reinstall but didn't work, support doesn't know what it is.)
    -Power brick needing to be replugged every use
    -Battery life not quite what was promised. (6-8 hours are sort of achievable but that's with the system at its absolute lowest configuration "which makes you cut a lot of corners" at constant idle. Realistically with a low configuration with casual browsing and watching videos I only get 3-4 hours. I get that this is apart of the marketing and it's the "max" possible battery life you can get.

    I absolutely love my RBS still with all these issues. I love the overall idea of it. I understand that for this computer to have a lot of its features such as an i7, 1440 touch screen, chroma, pci-e ssd, and perfect slim design; that there's going to be some drawbacks. I can honestly live with those. But as I have said, I just don't think the system is "there" yet.

    Let me know what your thoughts are on your Razer Blade Stealth, have you had an RMA? Do you agree with my points? How can Razer improve the Stealth for the next version?

    tl;dr: Considering an RMA over some issues, love the Stealth still, what are your thoughts?
  2. njbmartin

    njbmartin Developer of Awesome

    Sorry to hear you're having these issues. I've certainly faced the odd issue (fixed through Synapse updates), but none that you've had.

    That being said, this really isn't the place to discuss this as you should speak to Razer Support about any issues you're having with the hardware. They should be able to advise you on the best course of action.

    Closing this thread, but do let me know via PM whether Razer Support have helped you out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sign In with Razer ID >

Don't have a Razer ID yet?
Get Razer ID >