Dismiss Notice
Some Razer services have been impacted due to the unique circumstances COVID-19 has created. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding during this critical time.

Advice: Wait until Black Friday?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arcluna, Sep 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arcluna

    arcluna New Member

    Hi everyone,

    I have a stealth and core but no video card as of yet. I was thinking of getting the GTX1070 or 1080 and was wondering should I get it now, or at this point is it worth waiting until Black Friday season? Thanks for your advice :blush:
  2. audigy1

    audigy1 Member

    Personally, I would wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday.
  3. arcluna

    arcluna New Member

    Thanks for your input. Although that's what I probably will do...It's hard to wait :)
  4. GSSGaming

    GSSGaming Well-Known Member

    From my experience graphics cards don't drop much in price on BF and CM. However, they may be closer to their MSRP by then.
  5. gaykob7

    gaykob7 Well-Known Member

    it depends on what you r looking for, if you want a specific model from a specific brand, like f.e. an overclocked 1070 from MSI it might be hard to get a discount since they are usually sold out very fast as the demand for new gpu's is still pretty high

    but if you don't care you might get some sort of special deal, but I doubt that the discount will be that big
    personally I'd get one now as the new battlefield is coming soon and it has pretty high gpu demand
  6. 0V3R_K1LL

    0V3R_K1LL Well-Known Member

    Wait for sales, also wait for newer titles to pop up. Chances are these cards will get bundled with new titles that will make them $50 to $60 cheaper cause of the included game.
  7. kajira

    kajira Mother of Gaming

    Honestly, it's so hard to wait when you want the performance "Right Now" -- just this past weekend I finally got rid of my EVGA GTX 750 ti and replaced it with the MSI GTX 1080 and I can honestly say that I'm so glad I didn't wait.

    Granted, I also understand that for many people the cost is far more prohibitive than the convenience. Mine did have a manufacturer's rebate for $20 but considering the starting cost, the rebate is barely worth noting. (at least to me) If you're willing to wait and you want to stretch your money the furthest, then I'd also recommend waiting until Black Friday / Cyber Monday, but if the extra $50-150 that you may might save by waiting two months is debatable, well, then you have a conundrum. lol
  8. ShamX0

    ShamX0 Active Member

    Oh yeah why not wait for black friday. If you can wait why not. Few hundred can get you a mouse or mat. Or a nice dinner. I believe the stealth can run fine on its own for now?
  9. arcluna

    arcluna New Member

    and now they just announced the GTX 1080 TI

    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sign In with Razer ID >

Don't have a Razer ID yet?
Get Razer ID >