Dismiss Notice
Some Razer services have been impacted due to the unique circumstances COVID-19 has created. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding during this critical time.

The Razer Core V2

Discussion in 'Systems' started by Deleted member 368765, Oct 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smurf_SVK

    Smurf_SVK New Member

    Just bought V1 :/ Are the fans on the V2 still so inappropriately loud? I am running MSI GTX 1080 X on the V1 Core and I can hardly hear the GPU fans while the Core sounds like vacuum cleaner even under no load at all :D
    rb6freak likes this.
  2. Will there be a replacement program for those with a V1? I like the idea, but the USB connections issues on the V1 make it a bit problematic, especially when connecting a keyboard and mouse throught the Core.
    JoeAyres, BenHead1 and vistar like this.
  3. Asten__

    Asten__ Active Member

    When can i buy it? I really waaaaaaant one!!!!
  4. Asten__

    Asten__ Active Member

    when can we expect shipment to european countries? (austria, to be more specific)
  5. Sacius

    Sacius Well-Known Member

    shut up and take my money :eek:
  6. SupaFlanka

    SupaFlanka New Member

    Hold your horses, just bought a Razer Core V1 + GTX 1080 FE...

    One question though: does "dedicated PCIe lane" for graphic + aux ports mean the missing 15%~20% performance missing from benchmarks and reviews (besides TB3 choke) is improved? or does this just mean "you will have stable USB port connection" AND the same graphic throughput performance as V1?
  7. SupaFlanka

    SupaFlanka New Member

    +1 this
    So hard to get Razer systems in Korea T_T
    Was nice to have Korean keys engraved on the laptops
  8. surfer1081

    surfer1081 Well-Known Member

    I'm just thinking that it had approved that whole mess with the ports as it seemed to have "screamed" the loudest when it came to issues with the V1. I'm almost certain that you still will have the 15-20 percent deduction in GPU performance. I'll be certain to test this theory out when it is released.

    I was able to successfully return my product of the core v1 before I received it. So I'm stoked for this as I had just about given up on the idea of a v2 coming out! ha!
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  9. iubjaved

    iubjaved Active Member

    Wow, now i don't need to upgrade my laptop .. i just gotta save money to buy this beast.

    edit - wait, it only works with razer notebook ?
  10. Tereezy

    Tereezy Member

    So the only difference is you can stick in bigger graphics card and the RGB Customization? I just bought my razer core too.
    VelocityRed likes this.
  11. surfer1081

    surfer1081 Well-Known Member

    Other than the fact its in demand, probably forgetting the largest detail in which was the largest issue with the unit, and thats the I/O ports rework..

    So yes this will for sure have my money.
  12. Asten__

    Asten__ Active Member

    Good question - what about other countries? is there something like a release plan schedule?
    Sorry for asking such dumb questions - i am just quite excited as this happens to exactly happen at the time where I am thinking about a system upgrade :)
    CezRom likes this.
  13. LiverOrganfast845

    LiverOrganfast845 New Member

    Anyone picked one up yet? I'd love to see if the performance is any better than the previous version. I bought the new Razer Blade Pro, and i'm debating whether or not to sell my desktop. The previous core had to much gpu performance loss.
  14. surfer1081

    surfer1081 Well-Known Member

    It has not been released yet. I believe there is a reduction in performance loss of the GPU but not by much depending on the laptop associated with the core at use with the v2. Since you bought the new pro, do you still need more? That pro is a lot of dough on its own.
  15. Jaspage

    Jaspage Member

    had my eye on the razer core for a long while, glad of the new updated will defo be saving the pennies for this, and a lovely 1080 to go with it
  16. LukeTheBrave

    LukeTheBrave Active Member

    If I had the money i'd buy it
  17. surfer1081

    surfer1081 Well-Known Member

    Save up my friend! It took me a little while to save, for the V1. Luckily I bought it just a few weeks ago to where I was able to cancel it to get this one! Its now shipping to the US which is nice. I'll order it this weekend!
  18. RockyMtnHighThere

    RockyMtnHighThere New Member

    You should contact them about that! I have a refurb'd V1 and it's quieter than my Intel i5 NUC sitting above it.
  19. TK-1987

    TK-1987 Well-Known Member

    Just put my order in this morning. Hoping I was early enough that they will send it within the next week or two. Based on what I've read I feel better about waiting and not jumping on the V1 model.

    Anyone else order one yet?
    Joikansai likes this.
  20. Joikansai

    Joikansai Well-Known Member VANGUARD

    Meanwhile (EU) waiting for reviews from users from Razers golden areas, US and Canada;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sign In with Razer ID >

Don't have a Razer ID yet?
Get Razer ID >