Dismiss Notice
Some Razer services have been impacted due to the unique circumstances COVID-19 has created. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding during this critical time.

Do you think there will be a Razer Blade Pro 2016?

Discussion in 'Systems' started by V0LTAGEzZ, Jun 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V0LTAGEzZ

    V0LTAGEzZ New Member

    Right now the only thing holding me back from buying the Razer blade 2016 and a core is the thought that brand new pascal GPUs MIGHT show up in a refresh of the blade pro.

    I always loved the look of the blade pro, but its clunky and gimmicky features (like the admittedly really cool idea of a screen-trackpad,) and year-late components seem to have turned a lot of customers away from it.

    I believe that the 1080M chip could be a big enough attraction to bring the line back to life after seeing ASUS's benchmarks of it thrash the Titan X. Especially considering pascal's efficiency would let the pro run far cooler than it ever had in past.

    somehow it seems a little foolish to buy a gaming laptop right now, with the new chips coming ostensibly within a month, yet because of Razer's other pros like build quality and peripheral support, the only thing that would make me hesitate is another Razer laptop. I keep holding out hope, but if the rumors turn out false, i'll want to already have my blade 14

    In your opinion, should someone who really wants a Razer blade for college and gaming invest in the "bird-in-the-hand" now with a portable ultrabook and core, or hold out for "two-in-the-bush" with a laptop as sleek as the blade pro with a GPU more powerful than the titan?

    I've heard the idea teased, but are they false hopes or a real possibility?
  2. Katana_x_II7

    Katana_x_II7 Well-Known Member

    Would the pro be able to handle the heat from a 1080M? the pro is still pretty thin, maybe a 1070M would be more realistic? but yeah i agree, it would totally bring life back to the pro if they decided to put a new pascal GPU in it :)
  3. mdaly001

    mdaly001 Active Member

    isn't heat managment on the 1080m better than thte 980m?
  4. Firebat246

    Firebat246 The One

    This is a question a lot of us want the answer to. Unfortunately nothing but silence from Razer.
    cyoung080 likes this.
  5. cyoung080

    cyoung080 Member

    Razer, if you are reading this... Your loyal customers would appreciate an update or hint to this question.

    It's a tough call man, I could say wait 1 month until the start of August, but at that time the speculation will be that it will come out within the next month. The vicious cycle of blindly waiting continues.
  6. Firebat246

    Firebat246 The One

    I have been fighting with the idea of just going with the 14. I have a 17inch laptop already and I'm thinking it might be nice to have 2 sizes. The reality is if the 17 was out I'd get it... But if I wait and wait I won't have as much time to recover to buy a core with it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sign In with Razer ID >

Don't have a Razer ID yet?
Get Razer ID >