Dismiss Notice
Some Razer services have been impacted due to the unique circumstances COVID-19 has created. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding during this critical time.

I want to buy the Razer Blade Pro 17.3"

Discussion in 'Systems' started by itssJay401, Mar 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itssJay401

    itssJay401 New Member

    For the past couple weeks I've been looking to purchase the Razer Blade Pro laptop, but I keep checking the razer store and I'm not sure if it's out of stock or awaiting to release the new model, but I really really want to buy one of these laptops and I've been saving for it.

    I saw that it's available for purchase on Amazon (256gb) but I'm looking to get 512gb and have it with Windows 10 already, which it seems like the specs on the Razor Store are exactly what I'm looking for but on Amazon it comes with Windows 8.1 and an upgrade to Windows 10 but I'm not sure what to do.

    Should I wait to buy it from the Razer store or buy it from amazon? And does anyone know when it will be in stock on the Razer store? Thanks.
  2. Overtask

    Overtask Well-Known Member

    New model coming soon, so I would hold off.
    KakashiSharingan and itssJay401 like this.
  3. KakashiSharingan

    KakashiSharingan Active Member

    Don't buy it, wait until the pascal update or you will be disappointed by the GPU...
    (It has a GTX 960m, which is an overclocked GTX 950m, which is an overclocked GTX 850m.)
  4. itssJay401

    itssJay401 New Member

    Thanks for the feedback so far, but does anyone know when the new 2016 model will come out? Really wanting to purchase one asap.. I'm usually a mac user so this will definitely be a huge difference for me but I don't want to impulsively buy something if there is a new Pro model releasing very soon..
  5. saross0219

    saross0219 New Member

    Maybe soon as the next launch of Nvidia's GPU update. Maybe a bit longer. I've been watching this myself and I would expect it to be sonnish.
  6. Overtask

    Overtask Well-Known Member

    Mid April at the latest.
  7. KakashiSharingan

    KakashiSharingan Active Member

    GTC is April 4 - 7 I think, so probably by the end of April Razer should announce something...
  8. Overtask

    Overtask Well-Known Member

    I was thinking maybe an extra week after GTC just in case.
  9. RockyBRC

    RockyBRC New Member

    It is now April 29th. Still no new Pro model?
  10. mintouch

    mintouch Active Member

    maybe that's because of relaunching new switchblade ui. btw, I recommend to wait like other guys' opinions.
  11. cyoung080

    cyoung080 Member

    Still waiting on a new pro....
  12. Overtask

    Overtask Well-Known Member

    Still waiting on Pascal/Polaris mGPUs, though Aorus and MSI have already announced their new lineup with "Next-gen nVidia GPUs" probably the 1080m, but as nVidia hasn't announced them yet they can't reveal which ones it will actually be.
  13. cyoung080

    cyoung080 Member

    I'll be sad if they don't announce something in August. On a 2011 macbook air right now... Lol.

    I read an article that was saying no m
    1000m series was being made, and others that said we might be looking at September.. Good God this is torture.
  14. venturePinkLacespot810

    venturePinkLacespot810 Active Member

    Just get the 2016 Blade. The 970m can run nearly any game currently on the market with plenty of power, and likely will for a few more years. In the immenent event that your Blade can't play a game in the future, just the the core. There will always be something to wait for. You have to pull the trigger at some point.
  15. cyoung080

    cyoung080 Member

    Main thing for me is the 17.3 inch screen size. 14 is just a bit small for my needs, 15.6 would have been acceptable, but 14 is too small.
  16. venturePinkLacespot810

    venturePinkLacespot810 Active Member

    Ah, that makes more sense. Yeah, you're probably stuck waiting for a while then...
  17. cyoung080

    cyoung080 Member

    Seems like if the 1000m series in notebooks are going to take until q4 to release, why not go with a 980m and utilize the core for for next gen graphics. That way they can actually release a pro on time, and still have next gen Gpu capabilities. 980m should be perfect for 1080p games, and for 4k you'll want a full size 1080 in the core which will reduce thermal strain on laptop as a bonus. No sense in paying a lot more to cram a bunch of power into a thin laptop and have a overheated throttling system that will burn out in a year.

    They are pushing the core pretty hard, and I think it's a really good idea for the pro considering its a professionals computer with great gaming capabilities, not a dedicated gaming monster. Put a good 980m Gpu inside, and keep things light and cool, as well as keep the cost down. Then hook up to the core with a powerhouse 1080 Gpu for intense gaming at high loads.
  18. TyMcLean

    TyMcLean Active Member

    That would be a good idea, but they're are also rumors surround the 10 series and their mobile counterparts. It's suppose to be a full chipset, just underclocked, and possibly without the GDDR5x memory to hit the power requirements for laptops. I'd personally wait and see. If it turns out to be true, I might upgrade my RBS at the end of the year to a Pro.
  19. TheGurgeMan7

    TheGurgeMan7 Well-Known Member

    It seems as though they can fit the majority of the chips power into a laptop frame without having cooling issues or power issues, as pascal runs more efficient, and cooler than last gen.

    Asus has already revealed a laptop with more power than a TitanX (probs a 1080m)
  20. Overtask

    Overtask Well-Known Member

    No it can't, only at sub 60 FPS on high which is hardly plenty of power. Given that it is a 2 year old GPU in the next 2 years it will struggle to output 30FPS on high on future games. Benchmarks to prove it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sign In with Razer ID >

Don't have a Razer ID yet?
Get Razer ID >