Should I get the current Razer Blade 2016 (970m) or wait for the refresh 1060?

Discussion in 'Systems' started by Jayvin100, Sep 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasGoldtechcar589

    VegasGoldtechcar589 New Member

    I'm going to college in a month+ so I'm in the market for a light to medium gaming but I rarely play because i got my main gaming rig at home. So I thought to myself that 970m is plenty but what I'm thinking is will the 1060 give better battery life than the 970m? if not there's not point for me to wait. I mostly do school work and play games like overwatch, dota 2 and a maybe 2 triple AA titles at medium to high. Thanks guys
  2. AloysiusTee

    AloysiusTee Member

    I would say wait because there is a cheaper option for the most latest blade and iirc it is 1800 usd and the 1060 is way better compared to the 970m and maybe if a new game comes out that is graphically demanding you can play it on the move with the blade.
  3. Active13245

    Active13245 Active Member

    I would wait. 1060 is more power efficent and more poweful. Still, you have to remember it's still 1060m, it's not the same power like desktop 1060. Overall, I would wait. It's better in every case, performance, price and battery ;)
  4. Ridha_Baqshi

    Ridha_Baqshi Active Member

    Wait for sure! Otherwise you will regret it.
  5. Clickophobia

    Clickophobia Member

    Wrong. There is no "m" anymore. It's still the desktop grade 1060 but modified for lower power consumption and temps. Nvidia has abandoned the mobile line with pascal and is cramming full desktop gpus into laptops.

    1060 = Thin Gaming Laptops
    1070 = Medium Sized
    1080 = Behemoths that weigh 8 - 10 pounds.

    They're almost the same as the desktop ones but only modified slightly for temps and power consumption as I said earlier.
  6. KappaSh0t

    KappaSh0t Member

    Wait for the 1060 Blade
  7. PrideHeart

    PrideHeart Active Member

    I would wait for it, but it could take months for you to get it while you're going to college in a month. Practicality wise you should get one now unless you have an old laptop to last you some time.
  8. VegasGoldtechcar589

    VegasGoldtechcar589 New Member

    Yeah that's what ive been thinking and researching about too but I also read about quality assurance on it. I heard people had to RMA because it arrived defective.
  9. brightcinder

    brightcinder Member

    It'll probably be a couple of months before you can get a 1060. It will have better overall perf for high end uses, but battery life/etc. will all be about the same. Reliability may be a bit better for the older one since they've had more time to polish manufacturing (though hopefully, the 1060 edition is not a big change in that sense).

    So, can you wait? Your call. On a forum like this, of course everyone wants the newest and shiniest. :)
  10. tickletickle

    tickletickle New Member

    Wait for the 1060. I would have, if Razer had had the honesty to tell us it was coming so early. I finally got my Blade shipped after long delay, a few weeks before the 1060 was announced. Nice.

    I'm super disappointed with the way Razer has handled the video output on the 970M version. Amongst other odd choices, there's no HDMI2.0, and the HDMI port isn't even driven by the 970M (uses the Intel Integrated graphics). That means no VR straight from the laptop at all. Need to buy a Core + external graphics card for that. Incredible for a gaming laptop. My 3 year old Asus does better.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sign In with Razer ID >

Don't have a Razer ID yet?
Get Razer ID >