Best way to purchase RBS + Core

Discussion in 'Systems' started by Xzeaulor, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xzeaulor

    Xzeaulor New Member

    Hi all, so I'm off to university at the end of the month (September) and after quite a while searching for the perfect laptop I have decided to go with the 4K Razer Blade Stealth and the Razer Core. However I am not sure the best way to purchase these items, my dilemmas are as follows:
    1) The Razer Core is currently out of stock
    2) There is a discount of £250 on the 4K model

    I have several questions that I would be very grateful if someone could answer them:
    1) Will the £250 discount end before the core is back in stock?
    2) Will the £100 discount when buying the core with the stealth void the £250 discount when buying the stealth separately?
    3) Does anyone have any idea when the core will be back in stock?

    I know these questions may not be able to be answered so I'm basically just looking for advice on whether I should just purchase the RBStealth now and then get the core when it's back in stock or if I should wait and purchase them together. (In case you're wondering I just want the cheapest option because University is expensive!)

    Any reply is appreciated, Thank you in advance.
     
    lowSpark likes this.
  2. Hucast

    Hucast Well-Known Member

    If I was in your position I would get it thru the Razer Store. Even if I had to purchase re-furbished (which gets a bad rap IMO) I would want all the goodies that Razer bundles in with major purchases. Maximize my investment you know?

    But that's just me, it's your hard earned cash! Spend it as you see fit. I hope you enjoy your new battle station where ever you end up purchasing it!
     
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    lowSpark and Xzeaulor like this.
  3. surfer1081

    surfer1081 Well-Known Member

    Hello @Xzeaulor ! Well I'm in the same boat as you for a couple of reasons, but the question is...do you need this core for school?

    I pulled the trigger a couple of months ago and bought the RBS 4k with the idea of the core. After the reviews there are some hiccups within the core that I'd love to see modified or changed before buying one. That would be the USB ports seem to be an issue with 3.0 and beyond cables and accessories when attached to the core from what I gather. You can curve this by getting a USB hub and attached to the laptop, that seemed to do the trick for some. The biggest issue for me is the bottleneck. So depending on the GPU, you will never reach full potential because of the laptop itself.

    So anyhow, I'm really gambling on the fact they may make the V2 as this is the only reason I even purchased the RBS. So depending if you are willing to wait or not, otherwise I'd just buy the RB 14. Now at least in the US region, their are Refurbished Cores for sale if its available to you and you are willing to go that route.

    1) You'll have to check back to the store every so often to make sure it stands as like any other offer when you are ready.

    2) If thats the offer you get, I'm sure its not voided unless it specifically says so ( ex. Discount not good with any other offer). I remember back in December when the RBS was on sale (i believe $100 off) and buy the bundle with Core, it was an extra $100 off, bringing it down $200.

    3. This one, no one will ever know. You'll just have to go back and check every so often.

    Unless you really need it for school, dont hang your hat on it. I'm really holding out that they make a V2 or even updates, something..to address a couple of the issues I stated and probably any that I dont know about, because I really would love to have this unit and a GPU.

    Hope it helps, Good luck! :)
     
    lowSpark and Xzeaulor like this.
  4. Xzeaulor

    Xzeaulor New Member

    Thank you!
    I think for now ill wait a little longer but probably just buy the Stealth because it seems like the best discount ill get. I will still buy the Razer core but most likely when the V2 comes out (if it does).
     
  5. roXor1980

    roXor1980 New Member

    I have a similar question tbh. I want the Stealth but the core as well. I did ask and they said there might be a restock later this month. If a Green could help us here it would be appreciated.
     
  6. I have the Stealth already but no Core yet and I love it. My only concern about buying the core right now is if they aren't making any new ones, they most likely have a replacement/upgrade coming out in the near future so I'm going to hold out as long as I can.
     
    cmd1980 and Xzeaulor like this.
  7. Xzeaulor

    Xzeaulor New Member

    I went through with my purchase of the Stealth without the core and I am also going to wait for the upgraded core, I honestly think it was the right decision because the £250 discount that I got is going to be far better than any bundle deal.
    Just waiting on the delivery now, should be here by Friday!!!
     
    lowSpark and cmd1980 like this.
  8. roXor1980

    roXor1980 New Member


    I don wonder if the £250 discount isnt linked to the fact the core isnt in stock?
     
  9. BackSince93

    BackSince93 New Member

    @Xzeaulor I have the 2017 RB14 with the Core. Both were on a discount and both with doubled on top of each other so you don't need to worry about the $100 off the Core to cancel the laptop. It's been like that and always seemed to be since I've seen it. The Core has been out of stock for a while now and some time ago a friend of mine asked if they'll more. They said yes but there's nothing yet. RB with Core sounds dope so I purchased it on the spot with the deals they had and free games. But you STILL need to buy the GPU. I like to go big so i can save the upgrading for a later date so i got the 1080ti and that's more money. The money for the core and GPU together is basically a desktop. I'd say get the laptop cause they're honestly awesome but leave the Core and invest on a desktop with the money you would have used. One to stay and game hard, one to take and game on the go (portable).
     
  10. roXor1980

    roXor1980 New Member

    Hi

    I understand that it won't be as powerful as a desktop but the reviews on the Stealth are amazing and I like to have the option of a Desktop feel at my desk irrespective of whether I actually play many games on it. So, in a nutshell, have ordered the Stealth 13" 4k today and looking forward to it!
     
    BackSince93 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sign In with Razer ID >


Don't have a Razer ID yet?
Get Razer ID >