Razer Core In Australia

Discussion in 'Systems' started by Dat1Fish, Feb 4, 2017.

?

Do you want the Razer Core in Australia

  1. yes

    91.5%
  2. no

    8.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dat1Fish

    Dat1Fish Active Member

    It's almost being a year since the Razer Core was released, does anyone know if razer just gave up on releasing to other countries? Like Australia, I literally brought a graphics card just for the Razer core (i don't have a desktop) so right now I just have an unopened graphics card lying around.
    It would be great if razer actually tell us like a months or season it would be released in Australia.
     
    Danny957, Ramrunner and Cliche_au like this.
  2. Cliche_au

    Cliche_au New Member

    I'm waiting too
     
    Ramrunner likes this.
  3. Dat1Fish

    Dat1Fish Active Member

    i don't get why people are voting no.....
     
    Danny957 and Ramrunner like this.
  4. Cliche_au

    Cliche_au New Member

    They probably want it too but are not in Australia. I think its clear there is a huge demand for it.
     
    Ramrunner likes this.
  5. RealBobFish

    RealBobFish Active Member

    seems kinda like false advertising seeing as they gave us a discount with buying the stealth but then never release the core here. Hopefully they release it soon...
     
    Ramrunner likes this.
  6. Dat1Fish

    Dat1Fish Active Member

    yeah, i still have the code somewhere....
    let's just hope the latest date it get's released is the time it was released in the US last year, but this year.
     
    Ramrunner likes this.
  7. jaseow

    jaseow Active Member

    Ramrunner likes this.
  8. How did you ship it?
     
    Ramrunner likes this.
  9. J.burtonlowe

    J.burtonlowe New Member

    It's still not in the UK either :/
     
    Ramrunner likes this.
  10. Dat1Fish

    Dat1Fish Active Member

    Ramrunner likes this.
  11. jaseow

    jaseow Active Member

    Shipped via Auspost shopmate.
     

    Attached Files:

    Ramrunner likes this.
  12. Dat1Fish

    Dat1Fish Active Member

    damn, that is actually not that expensive...

    Do you still get the warranty?
     
    Ramrunner likes this.
  13. jaseow

    jaseow Active Member

    Technically yes, cos I did have a problem with getting 144hz on my external monitor and when they offered a refund I said I had relocated to Australia and they said I could send it in to Singapore (closest to WA im guessing).

    Figured out a work around so never needed to end up sending anything back.
     
    Ramrunner likes this.
  14. Yep - I'm in. I want one too. Been waiting a heck of a long time now...
     
    Ramrunner likes this.
  15. It's getting quite annoying from them at this stage. Every "response" from them is "We don't have a time frame."

    Can we have a genuine response from someone? Something like "Stock levels are low and we need to service the US" or "We are having licensing issues".

    Just something to know that the people who bought products over 6 months ago with a promised discount of the Core can plan when they will buy it!
     
    roon-tu and Ramrunner like this.
  16. Here's a question - what's the actual Australian demand? I see 12 people ticked YES above. That is hardly enough for Razer to go through the process of whatever needs to be done. I wonder how many Razer Stealth Blades were actually sold in Australia? It's the demand that is going to drive Razer to do this - not a dozen complaining individuals - no matter how frustrating it is to us...
     
    Ramrunner likes this.
  17. Ramrunner

    Ramrunner New Member

    I bought the RBS SkyLake last year November (yes I know I probably should have waited for Kaby), but my old Asus UX31A was getting too hot and I need a notebook 24/7 so I pulled the trigger. I also bought the RBS thinking I could upgrade the graphics with the core when I wanted to do some gaming.

    So not only am I very disappointed not to see the core here, but My RBS has already been repaired once and is now back in Singapore for diagnosis again as it keeps locking up or blue screening for no apparent reason 1-4 times a day while plugged in to AC power. (Seems fine on battery). Same before the repair when it locked up the first day and got worse from there.

    3 months later and I have not had a 100% working system I've paid for yet :slightly_sad:

    Obviously I'm losing some faith in Razer and it's products. Can you guys just tell me your RBS is working great and never locks up just for my piece of mind that it is possible?

    It seems to happen mostly for me more on IDLE. I've successfully played Team Fortress on it for hours on end without a lock up but if I walk away or don't use the notebook for 5 minutes or more and it just has like Outlook and Chrome open it will just lock up. Or not. sometimes not for hours. Just whenever it feels like it but not stress related.

    Just me? I did find 4 other links of forums with the same issue and I really need to know there are actually 100% working RBS out there in Australia....

    Like I said that and the lack of Core (or any other Razer TB3 docking station) in Australia is really starting to piss me.
     
  18. hey mate, I've got the same model - an RBS with Skylake. I have the occasional lock up. Once a week, maybe. I don't worry about it too much, because I never turn the thing off, and I've never had a computer without any problems. For all I know, it's a microsoft issue. And I love the fact that it reboots so quickly.
     
    Ramrunner likes this.
  19. ThirdDegreePun

    ThirdDegreePun Well-Known Member

    To be fair you're never going to get a proper indication of demand here on the forums. I have no idea what percentage of people who purchase use the forums but it's definitely going to be a fraction of those out there. Then you also need to take into account that they need to find this thread and vote on the poll. Only Razer really knows how many people have bought stealths, and in addition to that there's also the fact that people might NOT have bought a Stealth because they're waiting for the Core. Either way, ultimately if they could send the Core here they should, I can't see any reason not to.

    I had a stealth and I didn't have any of those issues, and I know people who also have one which works fine. I had a problem with WiFi and ended up swapping it for a Blade but it seems that a variety of things might have been causing the issue, and whilst it's been better on the Blade I think my Peripherals and the HDMI to the monitor may be having an adverse effect.

    I would definitely try and get a replacement unit but given the timeframe that's probably out of your hands, generally it's safer to just get a new unit than to trust that the company which tries to find and then solves issues will actually do it 100%. From what I can tell they seem to often miss things and so given the choice it's better to just get a whole new unit and hope for the best. Anyway in terms of what you should do from here try see if you can get a replacement organised, otherwise there's a few things you can try which some people have had success with, such as disabling Razer Synapse and making sure you reset your BIOS to defaults (and update to the latest version if you can).
     
    Ramrunner likes this.
  20. Don't get me wrong buddy - I have the cash - and the desire - to get a Core, but I'm not going to try to get it from the US or any other approach.

    I want Razer to make it available. I've been waiting for 9 months now...
     
    Radicalradg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sign In with Razer ID >


Don't have a Razer ID yet?
Get Razer ID >